{Chapter 6}

Three months...
[POSSIBLE TRIGGERS: NONE]
Rewritten & Edited!

Three months. Three months since running from the hell that was the DreamSMP. Three months since they left behind bad memories, and three months since they had seen Sam and Ranboo.

The three were holding out fine without them, but it didn't feel the same. Sam was the father-figure of their makeshift, fucked-up family. He was the father that Tommy and Tubbo had needed – not those sorry excuses that abandon his son at the drop of a hat for his arsonist friend, or one who almost kills his son for political power. Sam was the man who helped Puffy keep this family of traumatized people together.

As for Ranboo, he was the older brother that the two younger boys never knew they wanted. Tommy wanted a brother who wasn't insane and blew up his own country, and Tubbo just wanted a brother at all.

Safe to say, they missed Sam and Ranboo greatly. They just hoped they're okay and would follow them here one day.

Tommy and Tubbo sparred by the lake with sticks, yelling triumphs and smiling. Tommy had both hands on the stick, swinging it hard against the ram hybrid's stick. The older teen blocked the attack, smirking. His friend moved his stick above his head, the brunette taking the opportunity to poke him in the chest. The blonde yelped, recoiling. Tubbo planted a surprise (and soft – he wasn't actually fighting Tommy) roundhouse-kick to his friend's side, making him lose his footing and fall onto the soft grass.

"Ha! I win!" The hybrid exclaimed, thrusting his stick into the air.

"Hey, that's not fair!" Tommy whined, jumping back to his feet, "You poked me!"

"In a fight, you gotta use anything you can to win." Tubbo said, ginning.

The blonde rolled his eyes. The two started walking back to the cabin, playing tag halfway there. Tubbo quickly ran to the door, avoiding Tommy's attempts to tag him. Their home was constructed out of oak logs and planks. It looked a lot like Technoblade's winter cabin, just with a smaller basement and a larger upstairs. Tubbo wrenched the oak door open, sprinting inside and going upstairs.

"Close the door behind you!" Puffy yelled from the kitchen.

The blonde stopped at the door, panting. He stumbled into the cabin, shutting the door behind him. He didn't chase after his friend, going into the kitchen. He could smell delicious steak coming from there. He walked up behind Puffy, looking over her shoulder. She was, in fact, cooking steak in a pan. She chuckled, lightly shoving the teen away.

"Hey, Toms." She greeted, "You hungry?"

"Nah, but I'll eat anything you make." The blonde said.

The sheep hybrid didn't speak, though she nodded. Tommy left her alone, walking upstairs. He walked into his and Tubbo's room, seeing the ram hybrid changing into a black tank top and shorts.

Their room was a lot like the one back in the SMP. It had two bunk beds against the walls and a closet opposite from it, with a bedside table crammed with many useless objects. Tommy and Tubbo shared a bunk, sheets being red and green respectively, while the other bunk had black sheets.

Tubbo looked up to see his friend, smiling. Tommy went to his bed, taking off his hoodie to reveal he wore a white tank top. It was hot outside, and the hoodie wasn't helping the heat.

"Wanna go to the flower field?" The brunette asked.

"Yeah. I'm bored anyways." The blonde said, flopping onto his bed.

The ram hybrid nodded. After he got his shorts on, he looked into a nearby mirror, messing with his hair. The yellow dye at the tips of his hair was starting to fade out, but he could always dye it again. After that, he looked back at his friend, walking to him and grabbing his hand. He pulled him off of his bed, and dragged him out the door. Tommy protested that he didn't need to be dragged around like a little kid.