{They're just Children! - Chapter 13}

The midnight battle (part 2)

[TW // BLOOD, VIOLENCE, MANIPULATION, SUICIDE ATTEMPT(?), DEATH]

Tommy's sword collided with Bad's, the two pushing on the other's weapon to try to make the other slip and fall. Tubbo dodged an attack from Ant, kicking him in the back to make him fall, though the momentum helped the cat hybrid roll over his shoulder so he could get back up. Ranboo fired arrow after arrow at Dream, all of them being dodged, hit out of the way, or even caught by the masked man.

Tommy slipped, but caught himself before he fell to the ground. Bad's strength outmatched his, and the tip of the demon's sword was becoming dangerously close to his face. The teen made a risky move: he took all pressure off of his sword, and jumped backwards to make Bad fall. Unfortunately, he didn't fall, but he was disoriented for long enough so Tommy could run in, and punch him in the face. The force of the punch made the demon's face turn to the side, and disorient him further. Then, the teen used this time to kick him in the side, which made the older recoil. The teen smirked at what he'd accomplished so far in the battle, and thought he would be able to take him down like he had months earlier. But, he was wrong. Bad looked up at him, growled, and ripped off his cloak to reveal a pair of pure-white wings and a demon tail. Tommy's eyes widened at the sight, but didn't have long to see since the demon jumped froward, swiping his wing at him. It hit the boy's front, and he pushed him to the ground with it.

"What the fuck?" Tommy asked, sitting up, only to be met with the tip of the older's sword.

"Neat, huh?" Bad asked, then giggling, "I've been waiting for a time like this to show my enemy that I'm not to be messed with,"

Tommy, who had been looking at the sword close to his neck, looked up at the demon. He pulled his sword away, bringing it up, and smiled.

"Bye Tommy,"

The sword never got the chance to swing down, because a certain black-and-white someone teleported behind the demon, and hit him in the back of the head with his bow. Bad became limp, falling face-first onto the soaked grass. Ranboo still stood where he whacked him, panting while his pupils were angry slits. He looked at Tommy, and they went back to their normal shape. He ran forward, helping the younger teen up.

"Are you okay?" The Enderman hybrid asked.

"Yea, yea, I'm fine," Tommy said, searching the ground for his sword.

Once he found it, he picked it up. Then, there was a terrified, pain-filled scream that pierced the air. The two teens looked to the source of the noise, and saw Tubbo in danger. He had an axe to his neck by Ant, who also held his arm in place with his free hand, while the Axe of Peace lied on the ground before them. Dream was next to the cat hybrid, one of Ranboo's arrows in his hand. He looked up from the arrow, staring right at the boys, and snapped the arrow in half, allowing the pieces to drop to the ground.

"I have Tubbo now, Tommy~!" The masked man said in a creepy sing-song voice.

The sound of maniacal joy from the man, and the look of fear and shame on Tommy's face, made Ranboo shake with rage. He teleported away from the younger teen, behind Dream, and tackled him to the ground with surprising ease. Tommy started to rush forward to save Tubbo from Ant, whose grip had loosened with surprise.

Ranboo was on top of Dream, punching the shit out of him. It didn't seem to affect the man much, however, since he dodged and blocked most of the hits. One in particular that he didn't avoid was the one that broke his mask with a sickening crack. They both paused, the hybrid looking down angrily at him, while Dream looked up at him with shock. That shock turned to hatred.