{They're just Children! - Chapter 11}

Preparations

[TW // REFERENCE TO DEATH]

The next day, everything had calmed down. There was still tension, however, and that was apparent. The three teens went outside after breakfast, going to the flower field.

It was silent between the three, not even the tweeting of birds or buzzing of bees. Ranboo broke the silence with a cough.

"So," He started, nervously playing with the grass in front of him, "What will we do about Dream and the Badlands?"

"Well, now that you specify that it's the Badlands," Tommy said, rolling his eyes, "There's legit only, like... two of them, so altogether there's three people we're up against,"

"True, but Dream is powerful, and I bet he'd supply a bunch of shit for Bad and Ant," Tubbo said.

The strawberry-blonde groaned, flopping backwards onto the grass in defeat.

"What's their weaknesses an' shit?" Tommy asked.

"Bad and Ant rely on each other a lot, so separate them as much as you can," The Enderman hybrid started.

"Dream doesn't have good peripheral vision because of his mask. A attack from behind is the best way to defeat him," The brunette pointed out.

"Greeat," Tommy said, sitting back up.

They became silent again.

"What now?" Tubbo asked.

"We prepare and send a message to Dream. We'll meet them in the plains nearby to fight," Ranboo said.

The two others nodded. The Enderman hybrid smiled down at them, bringing them in for a hug. They hugged back happily. When they backed away, they stood up and started back home. When they walked inside, they saw that Puffy and Sam were gone, a note on the table.

Boys,

Puffy and I will be gone for a few hours. We're making sure
Dream isn't around still. If you get hungry, Puffy said there
was leftovers in the fridge. Don't go past the lake until we get back.

-Sam

Ranboo read it aloud, then looking back at the other teens.

"Welp, I guess we're breaking the rules," Tommy said, passing them to climb up the stairs.

The other two followed. They went into their rooms, grabbing their bags, and starting to pack them up for the battle. Gapples, potions, extra food, and other supplies. They picked out fresh clothes to wear for the battle, mostly being dark colors, since they would fight at night. When Ranboo finished, he started on the letter to Dream. He thought for a long while, scrapping failed ones. Finally, he thought of one.

Dream,

Tommy, Tubbo, and myself will challenge you to a duel.
If we win, he have our freedom. If you win, we'll go back
to the SMP willingly. Sam and Puffy aren't a part of this
deal, and they shouldn't be, so keep them out of this.
Meet us at midnight tonight, in the plains beyond the
lake by our home. We'll meet you there.

-Ranboo

He smiled at the letter, putting down his quill. He rolled it up, taking out a white candle from the drawer in his desk. He lit it, and waited for it to melt a bit, then pouring the melted wax on the paper to seal it. He put a plastic object on it, leaving it there for a moment, then taking it off. The imprint it left on the wax was a shovel, with the word "neutral" in Galactic (enchantment table language). Almost everyone on the server knew the language, and while most can't speak it, they can read and write in it. Ranboo took out his memory book, flipping to a page, and scribbling something down quickly, then closing it and putting it away. He picked up the letter, and went to his closet.

He opened the door, and hidden in a dark corner, he grabbed a faintly glowing enchanted bow. It had an enchantment on it that made it possible to send letters just by attaching them to an arrow, saying something in a different language (it depends on the person), and shooting the arrow. Ranboo was one of the only players who had a bow like this, and he knew how to speak the language. He took an arrow from the quiver also hidden in the corner. The feathered end of the arrow was painted black and white, to signify that it was his. He tied the letter to the arrow, and then teleported to the roof. He notched the arrow, and pulled the string back.

"ꖎᒷℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ᒷ∷ ᓭᒷリ↸, ↸∷ᒷᔑᒲ,"

Ranboo let the string go, and the arrow zoomed into the night sky, disappearing from sight within moments. He watched the sky for a minute longer, then teleported back inside. He flopped back on his bed, covering his face with an arm. He sighed, moving it down so his hand covered his mouth for a moment, then resting it on his stomach. Today might be their last day. The last time they see Puffy and Sam. He closed his eyes, reminiscing of the past with the two adults. His mind then wondered to the past with the other two teens, the happier moments that made him smile sadly.

"If today is my last day alive," He whispered to himself, opening his eyes, "I hope I die protecting the ones I love,"