{Chapter 5}

Welcome Home

[POSSIBLE TRIGGERS: NONE]

Rewritten & Edited!

Tommy woke up the next morning, feeling someone poking his cheek. He opened his eyes slowly and looked up, seeing Tubbo poking him while holding a bowl in his other hand. He smiled when he saw his friend was finally awake, and he moved from his crouched position to sitting criss-crossed. The blonde groaned and sat up, glaring at the brunette.

"The fuck was tha' for." Tommy asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Puffy found some mushrooms and made stew!" Tubbo exclaimed happily, holding out the bowl to him.

He looked into the bowl, and saw the brownish liquid inside.

"This bowl's for you. We ate earlier." The ram hybrid said, offering the bowl.

Tommy nodded and took the bowl. His friend stood and walked over to their bags, rummaging around. The blonde looked down into the bowl, not feeling very hungry. He just stared, like he was looking into the depths of a Nether portal. He thought about the encounter with Dream, convincing himself that it was fake. He was just hallucinating. Forests could have hallucinogenic plants around. That had to be the case, right?

"Tommy, you all right?" Tubbo asked.

Tommy looked up, seeing the ram hybrid sit down next to him. The blonde nodded, setting the bowl down.

"I'm just not hungry." He muttered.

Tubbo raised an eyebrow in question. He didn't push his friend, assuming that he'd leave it for later. Puffy limped over, carrying a heavy bucket with sloshing water, and pouring it over the fire. The flame went out with a hiss, smoke curling into the sky. She looked at the two boys, who looked up at her.

"All right. Just another day of traveling and we'll be good." She said.

She went to the backpacks and picked up her stuff, Tubbo following. Tommy dumped the mushroom stew over the dead coals of the fire, then dropped his bowl and spoon on top of it. He followed the two hybrids and grabbed his stuff. Then, the three set off through the forest once more. They left the forest behind at midday, Tommy and Tubbo staying in the back. The ram hybrid was worried for the blonde. He looked incredibly tired and moved pretty sluggishly. He was becoming worried.

"Tommy." He said, his friend looking up at him, "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything's fine." Tommy said, sighing, "Jus' really tired."

Tubbo nodded, taking the answer for now, but he knew that he was lying. Nonetheless, they fell silent, following Puffy. At sunset, the family stopped to rest and start up a fire.

The place they stopped at was a flower field, filled with beautiful flowers and oak trees. There was a lake nearby, and beyond that was the plains. Tubbo stared out at their destination, eyes wide with wonder and awe.

"Can we stay here, please?" He asked Puffy, "It's perfect!"

The sheep hybrid hummed. "We're far enough away that they wouldn't find us. So, yeah, we'll stay."

Tommy and Tubbo both yelled out their excitement, hugging each other. Puffy chuckled, watching them jump and spin in circles happily. She was taken by surprise when they let go and ran at her, tackling her to the ground. The boys laughed and laughed, and the mother-figure couldn't help but join them. They were finally free from tyranny, wars, petty fights (well, for the most part), and bloodshed.

They found home