Nice Job On His Nose

It had been about a month since the incident with Severus and Lily had gotten used to ignoring him in the hallways, she had gotten to the point where she pretty much didn't care about him anymore and she no longer stopped James from making fun of him, I had noticed that since my chat with Sirius, he and James were being less cruel to the Slytherin boy – they hadn't stopped teasing him, but they no longer got physical.

I was sitting in my D.A.D.A class next to Cassie when Professor Novesse breezed in and decided to implement a seating chart, apparently some of us were too lacksadaisy when it came to getting the work done, and she blamed it on allowing us to sit with our friends.

'Yes, let's see. Cassiopeia Lycoris can sit in the front row here with.... Faith Monroe.'

Cassie made a frowny face as she moved away, and I blew her a kiss.

'Who else? Ah yes, Ariana Thomas can sit in the third row with Gregory Hastings. And Violet Evans can sit in the back row with.... hmm...Regulus Black.'

I moved to my new seat and my partner took his seat minutes later with a look of disgust on his face.

'Are you alright?' I asked tentatively.

He glared at me and shot me a sneer that Severus Snape would undoubtedly be proud of.

'Don't talk to me Mudblood.'

He said it quiet enough that only I heard but it was enough to get me riled up.

'What the fuck did you just call me?!'

I never and I mean never curse but I swear the Slytherin's were bringing out a very aggressive side of me.

'Ms. Evans! Mind your language please.'

I ignored Professor Novesse and continued to stare at Regulus. After a few seconds, he broke eye contact and looked straight ahead.

'You heard me. Mudblood.'

That was my limit right there. I snapped and slammed his head into the desk, I heard a crunch and when he lifted his head I could see blood pouring from his nose.

'Violet!' Professor Novesse cried in shock.

'Give me as many detentions as you want, he deserved it!' I responded simply.

'Get out! Go clean the trophy room!'

I grabbed my bag and left, I made sure to slam the door loudly behind me.

^.^

I stormed into the trophy room and flung my bag into a corner, I heard something break inside in it, but I couldn't bring myself to care as I ran my hands through my chocolate brown hair in anger.

'Who pissed you off this time?' a voice asked with amusement.

I whirled around to see James and Sirius sitting on the ground polishing trophy's. I ignored James' question and shot Sirius a glare before walking to the trophy case furthest away from them and grabbing a rag to polish.

'Looks like we did.' James muttered in answer to his own question.

I thoroughly ignored them both for the next half hour as I polished plaques and medals. Eventually Professor Novesse came to find me.

'Violet, would you care to explain your actions earlier?' she asked, clearly frustrated by my behaviour.

I took a deep breath and turned to face her.

'He insulted me.'

'You're saying you broke his nose because of a petty insult?'

The kind teacher raised her hand to the bridge of her nose and exhaled heavily.