Brand New Eyes

When I woke up the next morning I found that Sirius and I had moved throughout the night and now his head rested against my chest as he used my breasts for a pillow, I tapped him on the head and he lifted his head sleepily to look at me with bleary eyes.

'Hey, can you see again?' he asked groggily.

I nodded my head with a smile as my newly healed eyes roamed his face.

'Good, because I'd hate for you to be unable to see this beautiful face.'

I snorted as I lightly slapped his shoulder for his conceited attitude, he chuckled for a second before becoming serious as he propped himself up on his elbow and played with my hair.

'I'm glad you're okay.'

I gently pulled his hand from my hair and intertwined our fingers, he dropped a kiss on the back of my hand.

'Stop that.' I scolded gently.

'What? I can't kiss my girlfriend?'

He was joking but the mirth never reached his eyes and I sighed as I pulled myself closer to him in the tiny bed.

'Not that, stop blaming yourself. Sirius, look at me, this wasn't your fault.' I told him.

He avoided my gaze in favour of staring at the wall with a clenched jaw.

'If you were permanently blinded -'

'I would find a way to live with it, yes it would be immensely difficult, and I'd be devastated but I would never blame you. You didn't do this to me, Bellatrix did. Do you understand that?' I interrupted.

He sighed and still refused to look at me, so I hauled myself into a sitting position and gripped his cheeks, so I could force him to look at me, his smoky eyes finally met mine and for a second I forgot what I wanted to say.

'Promise me you'll stop blaming yourself. Please.' I was pleading with him.

He finally relented and gave me a small nod of his head in acceptance, I smiled brightly and pecked him on the lips before springing out of the bed and beginning to gather my things.

'Where are we going?' Sirius asked as he too rose from the bed.

'Outside, it's sunny.' I responded simply.

Shaking his head at my explanation he took my bag from me and shouldered it before holding out his hand for me to take. He led me out to the lake and we sat under the tree in comfortable silence for a while.

^.^

An hour later Sirius was practicing a levitating charm on some pebbles while I attempted to draw him in an old sketchpad I always carried around, I was so immersed in the shading that I didn't notice him staring at me until I glanced up to double check the finer details.

'What?' I asked as I self-consciously touched my face thinking there was something on it.

'Nothing.' he said with a half-smile.

'You were staring.' I pointed out.

'I was staring because you look beautiful.' his eyes never left me as he said this, and I ducked my head with a blush as I continued shading his hair.

'I've just left the hospital wing and my hair hasn't been washed in three days, I am far from beautiful right now.' I said with a laugh as I shaded the bridge of his nose.

'I think you always look beautiful, even with unwashed hair and a smudge of charcoal across your forehead.'

As I went to wipe away the charcoal he caught my hand and pulled me towards him, lifting me so I was straddling him he brushed the charcoal away and kissed me softly on the forehead, then my nose and finally my lips. I smiled into kiss as I realised how happy I was, I had never been this happy in Beauxbatons, or when I was with Matt and certainly not with Pierre. For the first time in a while I was perfectly content.

Almost as if God himself were testing me a shadow loomed over us, I broke away from Sirius and turned my head to meet the familiar blue eyes of Pierre, he was with Leo and Geneva and the three of them looked down on us with disgust. With a roll of my eyes I rose to my feet and Sirius followed suit, we stood there silently for a moment, his hands resting protectively on my waist.

'Sirius, right?' Sirius gave a curt nod in response. 'I would like to apologise for the bad impression I gave when we first met, I have quite the history with Violet here. Has she told you we used to date?' Pierre's deep voice filled the air.

I glanced at Sirius to see a small muscle in his jaw twitching as he clenched his teeth.

'That's not how I heard it.' Sirius growled.

His hands tightened on my waist as I silently rubbed my hand up and down his back to soothe him, Pierre's lips lifted in a malicious smile as he took in Sirius's aggressive body language.

'Yes, well Violet has been known to...bend the truth, did you know she blew up a monument to the great Nicholas Flamel in Beauxbatons because I moved on and found a new girlfriend, one with less...insecurities...I'm told Mr Flamel was quite upset -' Before Pierre could continue, Sirius cut him off.

'To be quite honest with you mate, I haven't the slightest bit of interest in anything you've got to say. Leave my girlfriend alone and we won't have any more problems.'

Without another word, Sirius grabbed my bag and sketchpad from the ground and grabbed my hand before we left the nefarious trio under the tree, Pierre looking moodier than ever at the fact that my boyfriend had cut him off as he was speaking.

Sirius stormed towards the castle, dragging me behind him. We finally made it back to the common room and I yanked my wrist from his harsh grasp, he turned to face me with confusion marring his handsome features.

'That's quite a grip you've got there.' I commented as I rubbed my sore wrist.

'Shit, are you alright? I didn't mean to hurt you.'

I shook my head as I wrapped my arms around his neck and pecked him on the lips.

'I'm fine, thank you for standing up for me, and for finding a way to control your temper.' I said with a soft smile.

'I'll always find a way for you darling.'