The Neckless Man

The rest of Hogwarts found out about Lily and James at breakfast about a week after myself and Sirius, they walked in for breakfast hand in hand and Lily proceeded to blush brighter than I've ever seen when they received a round of applause accompanied by 'Well done Potter', 'it's about damn time' and one 'finally!' screamed by Professor Slughorn.

The chaos died down after a few minutes and was replaced with the usual breakfast hubbub. People were excited for the upcoming Christmas holidays, me less so considering I was meeting my brother in law to be over my vacation, I felt someone poke me and I met Cassie's mismatched eyes with a smile.

'You better write to me over Christmas, I want to know everything about Vernon Dursley.'

I laughed lightly and told her I would keep her updated as much as possible.

'You better, I don't mind coming to Cokeworth and dragging you to my house.' she threatened with a stern expression.

'I don't think I'd mind it too much either.' I admitted wistfully.

We giggled and planned my kidnapping should things go south with Vernon and Petunia until we were interrupted by the morning owls. A letter almost fell into my pumpkin juice only for James' quick Seeker reflexes.

'Thank you.'

I took the letter with a smile and opened it, it was from my dad to let me know on behalf of my mother that Lily and I were to behave while meeting Vernon. I was also told force Lily to bring home her boyfriend.

'Well Potter, looks like you're coming to my house over Christmas. Our parents want to meet Lily's new man.'

Lily groaned and soothed James' who had become quite pale at the prospect of meeting his girlfriend's parents, something I'm quite sure he had never needed to do before.

^.^

The time remaining in school flew and soon I found myself disembarking the train at King's Cross Station and hugging my parents.

'Violet, the farm has agreed to take Jaundice -'

'His name is Jarvis dad.' I corrected with a chuckle.

'Jarvis. They've agreed to take Jarvis; they're picking him up this evening.'

'Where's Tuney?' Lily asked as she hugged mum.

'She's having tea with Mr. and Mrs. Dursley to discuss the wedding. Now, I think it's time you tell us about this boyfriend of yours.'

I smirked as I walked with them to the car, Lily blushed a deep red but still proceeded to tell them about James with a shy smile.

'...he said he'd come visit tomorrow, but he wants to bring Sirius if that's okay?'

'That's fine darling, you and Violet need to wear nice clothes tomorrow. Petunia's orders, not ours.'

Lily and I nodded as we lapsed into silence on our way home. As much as I loved Hogwarts I was looking forward to my own mattress. I absentmindedly stroked Jarvis as he slept on my lap.

The farm where I kept my bigger and more...stubborn animals was owned by my dad's best friend Lucas Miller, whom we found parked outside our house waiting for me to hand over my newest pet.

'Violet, your boarding school lets you keep ducks as pets?' he asked with surprise.

'Not necessarily, it took a lot of persuading. Be nice to him.'

Lucas promised me he would treat Jarvis like his baby and I grudgingly handed him over. The small duck was not all that upset at the prospect of leaving me once he met Lucas' duck Evelyn.