The Leaky Cauldron

Warning: homophobia.

A/N: the way I dealt with homophobia in this has humour. I want to emphasize that I don't want to make light of this issue— I just figured that this is what this version of Harry would do in this situation. If you are in this situation yourself, my heart goes out to you. You are loved and you will find the people to support and accept you for being the beautiful human you are.

Harry hated the Dursley's.

Sometimes he forgot just how much he hated them, like in the middle of the school year, when he hadn't seen them in a few months and he wondered whether or not he was overreacting. But then summer rolled around again, and he was reminded of everything.

Dudley was currently out with his gang (Harry nearly gagged calling them that), while Petunia was in the yard gardening (snooping on neighbours). So, that left Harry and Vernon alone in the house, which never ended good.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Harry fumed.

Vernon's face turned tomato red. "Watch your language around me, boy!"

Harry rolled his eyes. "I'm turning seventeen in a week, I can use whatever language I want. Which brings me back to my question— what do you mean I can't go with my uncles?"

"Because I'm your guardian and I told you no!"

"That's not a real reason!" Harry basically screamed. "You're barely even my guardian! I'm almost of age—"

"Almost," Vernon gloated. "Almost isn't now. I'm still in charge of you, boy, which means I have say over where you go. Now, I let you go to Hogwarts each year out of the kindness of my heart—"

"You just don't want to see me during the school year," Harry mumbled darkly. "That's the only reason you let me go. That, and you're scared of magic—"

"—And it's very ungrateful for you to expect me to allow you to go with your freaky family for the rest of the summer, too."

Harry paused, trying not to scream. What the hell kind of logic was that? It's not like the Dursley's even wanted him around!

"You know," he finally said, "from my point of view, the 'freaky family' is your own."

A fire seemed to spark in Vernon's eyes. Harry mentally patted his own back for hitting a nerve.

"How dare you—" he paused before looking out the window, making sure Petunia wasn't looking. When he saw that she was still peering over the fence, Vernon turned back to Harry with a new sort of vengeance. He grabbed Harry's shoulders and pushed him up against the wall forcefully.

Harry winced as his back hit the wall. It was only a week and a half before his birthday, and his body was already getting ready for his creature inheritance. His body was sore and hurting, so this slam into the wall was felt everywhere.

"How dare you say that about us!" Vernon snarled, getting spit on Harry's cheek. He was tempted to spit back, but figured it would be pretty stupid. "We housed you, clothed you, fed you, treated you as our own, and this is how you treat us? You can't compare us to... to... double freaks!"

"... Double freaks?" Harry grunted, managing to raise a brow. "What are you talking about?"

Vernon took a step back. "Their way of life isn't natural," he muttered. "Magic... gay..."

"... Wait, hang on. You're homophobic?" Harry asked. "I don't know why I'm asking— this is way too predictable. Why am I not surprised?"

"It's—"