What a Banger

In the next few weeks, things seemed a lot better than they did the year before. It's more vibrant and unexpected, which Harry definitely wouldn't have expected a year to be.

As Harry ate his breakfast, he observed Tom from the other end of the Great Hall. The past few weeks seemed to have made him healthier and happier, and the dark eye bags that Harry had seen at the beginning of the year were non-existant.

In his head, Harry daydreamed. He thought of being next to Tom, resting his head on the taller man's shoulder, holding his hand under the table and sharing quiet jokes. He dreamed that he could openly kiss Tom, they could take long walks together, and he could love him.

He was cut out of his thoughts by Hermione's arm reaching in front of him to get a slice of toast.

Shit, he did it again.

Recently, his daydreams about Tom have gotten more reoccurring. It was almost scary to Harry, but really, he couldn't blame himself. Finally, after years of knowing the Slytherin, he's gotten to know the side of Tom that is nice, sweet, and most importantly, not an asshole.

It made Harry's crush so much stronger.

"Mate? You're staring at Riddle again."

Harry turned to Ron, his face definitely bright red, but he still managed to narrow his eyes. "I wasn't staring! I just spaced out, is all."

Ron just snorted into his pumpkin juice.

That added another problem. Mate. Tom would have a mate, seeing as he apparently had a creature inheritance, and chances were it wasn't Harry. It couldn't be Harry. He had absolutely no luck.

Harry's eyes once again shifted to the Slytherin table. But, as his eyes strayed to where Tom had been sitting, it was empty.

Furrowing his brows, Harry quickly looked around the Great Hall to find Tom, but he was too short to see everything so he assumed the Slytherin had left.

"Potter?"

Harry almost jumped in his seat. Merlin, he hadn't seen that coming.

He turned around, seeing Tom standing next to him, holding a plate of bacon. "I noticed you had no bacon left near you," Tom said. "So I brought some over. We have more than enough."

Well, Harry hadn't expected that. With one quick glance around, he noticed that yes, the bacon had almost completely run out.

That's odd. Wasn't the food charmed to always be stacked?

Nevertheless, Harry smiled and he was sure his ears were tinted pink. "Thank you!" He said, gently taking the plate from Tom and placing it next to the toast. "That's really sweet of you."

He wasn't sure if he was just seeing things, but Harry thought he saw Tom's eyes flash a deep red as a pleased smile graced his lips.

"It's my pleasure. While I'm here, I wanted to ask you if you'd like to go for a walk with me in the evening. It's supposed to be a beautiful sunset, and I don't want to experience it alone."

"Y-yeah!" Harry stuttered, sure he looked like an absolute wreck. Was this a date? "Meet at 6:30 near the portrait of Merlin?"

Tom merely nodded, sent a quick smile, and sauntered back to the Slytherin table.

Harry watched on, a buzzing in his head and his heart beating out of his chest. It was hard not getting his hopes up. A walk in the sunset sounded way too romantic for it not to be a date. But what if Tom just didn't want to be out alone? What if he just wanted to be friends hanging out?