Give Harry a Break

A few days later and Tom and Harry were packing their bags for their trip back to Hogwarts.

While Harry's suitcase had only one robe in it at the moment, not even folded properly, Tom's was filled to the brim with folded clothes and school supplies.

Even though Harry knew that Tom had everything packed, he was still standing over his suitcase, staring down, obviously trying to figure out if he had forgotten something.

Harry huffed and fell back against his bed, turning his attention to the ceiling. It wasn't even nine o'clock yet, why were they packing now? He could get this done in five minutes, he knew he could.

His eyes drifted back to his boyfriend, who was standing facing away from Harry, clad in only a black t-shirt and pyjama pants.

'Lord have mercy,' Harry thought to himself. He had that as a mate? Harry would never get over how amazing Tom was.

Well, amazing when his attention was on Harry. He pouted. Tom hadn't looked at him in the past five minutes, and they were in the same room. That wasn't alright.

Harry reached out with his foot and poked Tom's ass.

Tom turned around, one eyebrow raised. "Yes, Harry?"

"You're very attractive."

"Yes, darling, I know," Tom responded, sounding distracted. "Is that my shirt?"

Harry looked down at what he was wearing. It was a shirt that he stole from Tom's closet, definitely at least a few years old, although it was slightly big on Harry. "Maybe."

Tom sighed, looking relieved. "I knew I was missing something."

"... You could tell from just looking at your open suitcase that you were missing one shirt!?" Harry gaped. "How the fuck? Do you have a photographic memory that you're not telling me about, or what?"

Tom didn't look too impressed. "Anyone could notice. One side was a bit lower than what it had been when I had left Hogwarts in June."

"... I wouldn't notice. I don't think anyone else would."

"Well, my love, you can be oblivious at times."

Harry huffed. "When I said I wanted your attention, I didn't mean this kind of attention."

And, well, that was the wrong thing to say. Not because it was a bad thing to say, but because Harry could practically feel Tom's ego shoot to the moon.

"You wanted my attention, sweetheart?" Tom asked, lips curled into a smile. "I gave you my attention a few minutes ago. Are you already so attention starved?"

Harry pouted and rolled his eyes. "Are you making fun of me, asshole? Yes, fine, sue me, I want my mate to pay attention to me. It's not like you don't want my attention either," he retorted, the last sentence more so mumbled to himself.

He could feel his face turn red. Harry wasn't embarrassed, per se. Why would he be? But for some reason, Tom staring at him with mischievous eyes, teasing him, standing tall over his own prone body...

Harry tore himself from those thoughts before it showed that he was having them in his lower region.

Tom crawled over Harry, pinning his arms above his head. He leaned in to whisper in Harry's ear.

"Is this what you wanted, my love? My hands on you?"

Before Harry could respond, Tom started kissing down his neck, and he lost all capacity to speak.

Tom peppered lingering kisses all over his neck before making his way back to Harry's jaw and to his lips, where they shared a few deep kisses. One of the hands holding Harry's wrists let go so that Tom could thumb at Harry's bottom lip when they parted.