Perved at Diagon Alley

It was a week later, and Harry finally had a handle on his wings.

Well, somewhat— whenever he was surprised, they shot out faster than a bolt of lightning. The only reason he knew this was because once Sirius found out they did that, he made sure to jump scare Harry at least ten times a day.

It had gotten to the point where Harry would just scream angrily instead of being frightened whenever Sirius jumped out at him. It didn't do much, but it was very cathartic.

"We should totally go to Diagon Alley today," Harry said, walking out of the bathroom after taking a shower, hair still wet and a red bathrobe on. "We've got to get our school supplies."

Tom, who was sitting on Harry's bed, didn't say anything, his book laying on his lap as he stared at Harry's collarbone that was peeking out above where the robe was. "Hmm."

"... Are you listening?"

"Hmm?"

Harry let out a laugh. "Are you seriously that caught up in me coming out of the shower?"

Tom raised a brow. "If I had come out of the shower with just a bathrobe on, would you be interested?"

And, well, that certainly got Harry's mind going down the gutter. "Well, I mean... I certainly wouldn't complain..."

Tom smirked and put his bookmark into his book before leaning over and putting it on the nightstand. Then, he moved to the side of the bed, so he was sitting upright, feet on the ground.

"Come here," Tom said, voice low and eyes dark, mouth still pulled into a smirk.

He sounded like he had come directly from one of Harry's wet dreams. Fuck, how was this man real?

Harry walked over and stopped between Tom's legs. Without hesitation, Tom turned him sideways and pulled him down so that Harry was sitting on his lap.

"Hello to you too," Harry joked, trying to ignore the blush on his cheeks. "This couldn't wait until I got changed? I'm getting cold, y'know."

"I mean, it could, but why wait when I could have you in my arms now?" Tom retorted, ducking his head so that he could press a kiss to just underneath Harry's ear.

"What's got you in such a sappy mood?" Harry asked, wrapping his arms around Tom's shoulders. "It's only, like, noon."

Tom frowned. "What does the time of day have to do with anything?"

Harry shrugged the best he could in that position. "I dunno. It makes sense."

"Ah," Tom said, with a hint of doubt clouding his tone. "Well, I'm not sappy. I just... well, darling, don't misunderstand me. You were always the most stunning person that I had ever seen. I thought it was impossible that your Veela inheritance could make you any more attractive, because to me you were already perfection. But... now, looking at you..." Tom shivered. "You did the impossible."

"If anyone were to do the impossible, it would be me," Harry joked, feeling giddy because of the compliments his mate gave him. "And thanks. I mean, I wasn't necessarily that attractive before my birthday. You should have seen your change. It was illegal. You were always hot, and then your looks were criminal."

Tom seemed to preen at that, and Harry wondered whether or not he should have told Tom that, because he knew it would go straight to his boyfriend's ego. Eh, well, it was true.

"If you keep complimenting me like that, you'll keep me whipped, you know that?"

"Yeah, I know. But you'd be whipped even if I wasn't complimenting you all the time."