Tom's... NOT Count Dracula?

It was a week later when Harry figured that Tom wasn't going to tell him about his creature inheritance anytime soon, so Harry would be asking him instead.

They were eating breakfast together at the Gryffindor table— during breakfast and lunch the table rules weren't enforced, so they could sit next to each other.

"I'm just saying that if I really wanted to join the Quidditch team, I would've joined already," Ron said. "Next year's our seventh year, not like I'll join in the last year."

"You should!" Harry insisted, reaching over to get some toast, placing some on his own plate and some on Tom's plate, receiving a kiss to the top of his head. "I've seen you play at the Burrow. You're a great Keeper, you should try out next year. With any luck I'll be made captain and I'll let you join."

"Harry, you can't just let Ron join, it has to be fair," Hermione interjected, looking put off. "He needs to try out like everyone else."

"Every government is doomed to become corrupt due to their fragility, comprised of mediocre people with a sense of superiority, and a Quidditch team's hierarchy is no different. Harry is just planning ahead of time. However, I'm fully aware that he is actually superior to the others, and as such he is simply exercising his right to be corrupt."

Everyone stared at Tom as he said those words with a straight face. Tom didn't seem to notice, as he started happily munching on the toast that Harry had given him.

"Well... That was fucking terrifying—" Ron was cut off. "Ow! 'Mione, you could have broken my toe!"

Hermione scoffed. "Aw. Pity. Table etiquette, Ronald. We don't curse around the guest."

"Yeah, Ronald, your superior tells you to stop," Harry jabbed playfully.

It was sweet that Tom said Harry was superior, even though the rest of his phrasing was quite dark. Harry wondered what else he believed, because this belief was actually somewhat true— the Ministry of Magic was lead by a blundering idiot, even Harry knew that. There was no way it wasn't corrupt.

He'd have to ask Tom about his political views later.

"I'd only join if I were Keeper." Ron said, going back to their earlier conversation before it got sidetracked. "I'm not a Beater and you know that."

Harry snorted, thinking back to the time at the Burrow when Ron had had to play Beater and Harry had almost gotten hit by a bludger— it had been a sore topic for a while.

He suddenly felt Tom breathing down his neck, his mouth suddenly up close to his ear. "You look really good today, you know."

"I always look good, what are you talking about?" Harry said jokingly, looking at his boyfriend with mischievous eyes. "But thank you. You look good too."

Tom hummed and leaned in to share a kiss with Harry— warm, soft, and their first one that morning. It made Harry's toes curl, even though it wasn't anywhere near their first, or most passionate, kiss.

As they separated, Harry grabbed Tom's hand below the table. "I need to talk to you later. In private."

In hindsight, he realized how badly that sounded, but he figured he might as well be blunt. It wasn't anything bad anyways— he just wanted to know if Tom was actually a creature or not.

Tom's eyes widened. "Sweetheart, did I do anything wrong? If I did, I'm—"

"No, not at all," Harry interrupted, pressing a kiss to the underside of Tom's jaw to comfort him. "I just want some alone time, 'is all. Is that good?"