Potions and Picnics

A week and a half later, Tom and Harry were in potions together, still working on their Amortentia project. If Harry breathed deeply in through his nose, he swore he could smell parchment and mint.

"Have a good sleep, darling?" Tom asked as he burned some random leaf on a step that Harry hadn't caught up to yet.

Ever since Harry asked Tom to be his boyfriend, Tom's been giving him pet names and treating him like a god. The pet names warmed Harry up and made him feel like he was the luckiest guy in the world, but he was surprised that Tom acting so possessive didn't piss him off.

Yes, Harry knew he didn't need to be taken care of— he was perfectly capable of doing things himself. But after growing up with the Dursley's with no love and being expected to be some macho Gryffindor, it was nice to have someone that wanted to spoil him a bit. Sue him, he practically relished in the love that Tom emitted.

Harry looked up at his boyfriend, a grin stretched on his face— honestly, these days he was almost always smiling. "Great, how about you?"

Tom shrugged. "Would have been better if you were there to sleep with me."

Wait, did he mean like, sleep sleep or... sleep sleep?

The inner Ron in Harry's head immediately just blatantly shouted did he mean sex, causing Harry's face to probably turn an unnatural shade of red.

He was sure, in the seat behind him, the real Ron was probably having a heart attack.

Tom must have noticed Harry's reaction, because he chuckled and draped an arm around Harry's shoulders, rubbing his arm. "I mean so we could cuddle, but I love where your mind is."

"Can't blame me when I'm in a relationship with you," Harry muttered, saying it as soon as he thought it. When the words registered, though, his face turned bright red.

The other looked too pleased. "Is that so?" He asked. "Well, I'll keep that in mind. The feeling's mutual, lovely."

Harry flushed, but couldn't stop the muscles around his mouth from forming a smile. He ducked his head and started to cut up an ingredient he didn't know the name of— thank Merlin for steps with pictures.

Juice started to leak everywhere.

"Oh, Merlin, not like that," Tom reprimanded, seeing his knife work. He placed his hands over Harry's and, by association, the knife. "Here, like this."

He started to manipulate Harry's hands into chopping at a different angle than before. Harry couldn't really pay attention, though— with their position, Tom was pressed up against him, and the warmth was enough to make Harry go lightheaded.

"Bloody hell, I'm gonna vomit down Riddle's back."

"Ronald Weasley, I will kill you."

Harry turned his head around to look at his two friends. Hermione was smiling innocently, while Ron looked at him as if to say really?

He just stuck out his tongue and turned his head to look at what he had presumed to be the side of Tom's face, but what he saw was Tom staring back at him, eyes bright.

Wow, those eyes were like chocolate...

Tom seemed to notice Harry was in awe, because he leaned back and smirked. "Adorable," he murmured.

Harry was sure that, if Tom hadn't moved, they definitely would've kissed.

Did Harry want to kiss Tom? Uh, yeah, definitely. They were in a relationship, so Harry figured Tom wouldn't complain. But did he want his first kiss with his boyfriend to be in the Potions classroom with Professor Snape breathing down their backs? Not really.