Chapter 5

"Kageyama!" Von bumped the ball to the said boy. The bluenette readied his hands, while you ran to the net. You eyed the ball that's falling to Kageyama's hold, jumping as he tossed it. The ball met your palm and within that moment, you felt exhilaration as you smashed it to the other side. You huffed a breath before wiping your hands on your shoulders. "Nice toss, Kags."

Playing volleyball with Kageyam became a routine for you, helping him with his receives, sets, etc. But they were minor improvements because what you saw in Kageyama was a genius. A prodigy. His tosses were with precision and strategic control, impeccable was the word you would describe his tosses. The lazy Saturdays and Sundays were your fun days.

"Do you have an idol, Kageyama?" You asked before taking a sip from your water bottle. You were taking a break from your game or rally, water bottles chugged on, sweat droplets running down your foreheads and neck. You get the idea.

The said boy glanced at you for a brief moment. "There's a senpai in my school, he's a setter of our team and he's amazing at it!" The way he spoke of his idol was with adoration and awe. "His serves are powerful like WHAM!"

You giggled at his enthusiasm. "Sounds like you admire him a lot." Kageyama nods. "Yeah! Oikawa-senpai is cool!"

Oikawa. . . You heard that name before. You saw his name on a magazine or something, along with a picture. But you weren't sure if it's the right person or if he's the same one.

-------

Pretty Boy Kaashi

How's school treating you?

You

It's been good, we've got a practice match

at the end of the Golden Week

Pretty Boy Kaashi

Good luck.

But, can I question the nickname?

. . . . Why?

You

Cause it's true, you're pretty!

Pretty Boy Kaashi

. . . . Thank you

You

😊

You grinned at Akaashi's response. He was such a modest guy yet easily flustered. You wouldn't mind if he was your boyfriend, but you doubted that he was attracted to guys. Much less, you.