Chapter 6

Another day. Another chaos occurs.

"YOU EVIL TWINS! GIVE BACK HARUHI!"

"No thanks."

"HEY, TRY TO BLOCK ME, CHOCOLATE MAN!"

"ANONG NASABI MO?!"

"VON CALM DOWN!"

"TAKEO-CHAN! WHERE'S USA-CHAN?"

The giant was left to follow the small boy who was running around the gym.

You stared blankly at the chaos that occurs in front of you, Kazumi, and the rest of the second years at your sides. Your coach and adviser are running late today, giving you guys time to chill. But instead of doing drills, your idiotic captain was busy trying to 'rescue' Haruhi from your twin senpais. Leaving the rest of the chaotic members to do their stuff.

You then felt a demonic aura that made you extra cautious. You eyed the normally collected Kazumi, who's radiating waves of demonic anger throughout the gym. "L/n, you might wanna step aside," Haru said as he gently moved you far from the Vice-captain. And from there you witnessed the wrath of the Demon King.

You surely would've darted away if it was directed at you.

You took out your phone and started to record the following events. Kazumi's demonic aura spread throughout the gym, where even the highschool members even shivered. Every chaotic member stopped what they were doing, while Arata saved Yuri by pulling him to your group. Kazumi gritted his teeth. "Tamaki, as vice-captain, I suggest you sit in the corner for your childish behavior." Geez, his voice was cold as ice! " Suzuki-Kun and Von-Kun, 100 laps around the gym. Twins will do 200 diving drills while Honey-senpai will be doing 300 receives." The said members paled in fear at the amount of work they have to do. You heard Yuri snicker at Vons pale lifeless face. "He's dead." You zoomed in on the unfortunate members, panning on each of their expressions. "No doubt."

Once satisfied, you stopped recording before shoving your phone in your bag. You're going to send this to your out-of-school friends.

When your coach and adviser came in as the gm, you started training for the inter-high. The training was exhilarating but brutal at the same time, but it did you good with your level of adrenaline and boredom. By then, your arms are red and sore while your legs muscles are screaming for a rest from jumping.

Your blocks need stability and your serves are off a bit. You need work.

Good thing you could play with Tobio later.

--------------

"Chance ball!" Von called as the ball went to his side of the net. Kageyama got into his set position, hands in the air. You watched his hands and eyes, trying to determine what he did. Von is running to the net and Kageyama has the ball, you could only guess a possibility.

He tosses to Von.

You ran to the side where Von would spike, jumping to block. You stared down Von as his hand comes in contact with the ball. You looked at his eyes, trying to determine where he would spike, they looked at the right of your back. You moved your hands there, only for him to do a line-shot. You hissed in disdain when you landed, Von's cheers in triumph in the background.

Yuri patted your back. " Don't worry, you'll get the next one." You huffed in reply. "Von is a monkey when he's not playing," You turned your gaze to your taller Filipino friend. "But when he does play, he's as formidable as a lion."

You played a few more rounds while the other people in the gym are leaving. Too immersed in the game, you eyed the ball as it falls your way. Hands in position, you delayed the ball for a while, whilst eyeing Von and his movements. He looks ready to jump for a block, can he block read or is it commit block? A thinner possibility is guess block. But by position and eyes, he looks like he's about to jump, so as the ball meets your palm, you dumped it to the other side.

Von groaned in frustration. "Why can't I read you when you're setting?!"

"Eh." You shrugged, irritating him.

"WHAT'S WITH THE EH!?"

Shrug

"ANSWER ME!"

You blinked blankly, making the dark brown boy collapse in exasperation. Kageyama ran up to you with awe. "That was so cool, L/n-Kun." He gushed. "The way you caught Bondoc-Kun off-guard is like a snake waiting to strike!"

' I wouldn't word it like that.'

"It was nothing, and I told you to call me Y/n." You smiled. Kageyama flushed before trying it out. "Y-y/n. Y-y-y/n. Y/n-Kun" Eh, he may have butchered your name, but at least he could say it. "Then, " Yuri started. " Call me Yuri."

"You can call me Von!" The beast has risen from his fall.

Kageyama flushed, even more, making you chuckle at his adorable expression. "Can we call you Tobio?" You didn't know if he could get redder than he is now, nor tell if he could stutter more. It was cute. You placed both hands on his cheeks and squished them around. "You're so cute, Tobio-Kun. You're like a toddler." You can't resist things that you think are cute.

Tobio flushed an even deeper red before stuttering around, flailing his arms. "Ahm, Y-Y/n, y-yo-ou're- Aaah-" You couldn't help but grin at his expression, wanting to protect him from the world. He was just so cute.

"Tobio, time to go home!"

You all turned to the new voice, the source being an elder man whose grey-ing hair is slick back, a goatee and mustache, and a build that's like a sturdy tree. Kageyama Kazuyo, Tobio's grandfather. You met the man when Tobio suggested he introduce you to him, and from there, you were taught techniques that you didn't know. That's how you did the setters dump.

You bowed in greeting while the other two boys followed. "Kageyama-san, it's nice to see you." The said man smiled. "It's good to see you three too! I saw your match, and I can say that you're improving."

You smiled.

It was the first time you've had adult affection, Siri was barely around but she brought you gifts and provided food and shelter for you three. You can't remember what your parents look like, and there aren't any other family members or distant relatives.

It's just you, Siri, and your two adopted brothers.

Kazuyo continued. "How about you three join us for dinner, Miwa's excited to dress you up again, Y/n." Your two adopted brothers laugh while Tobio stifles a giggle, while you grimaced. And there's Miwa, who LOVES to dress you up. Cause, according to her, you're too cute to be not dressed up.

You felt like salt, dry with a taste but empty apathy. This is what you have to deal with every weekend. Along with the constant text messages from Kuroo, who loves to tease you about your height and looks.

have a drawing of Y/n setting( I tried using manga colors)