Before She Ruled

ENGLAND 1836

Addie is a maid whose forbidden attraction to her employer, the Duke of Kingfield, isn't the only deadly secret she is keeping. She's also the very princess that the duke is looking to find.

****

Adelaide is a princess whom everyone believes to be dead. Or so she thinks. After her father, King William IV, is killed along with the rest of her family, Princess Adelaide is forced into hiding, finding work as a maid for the aristocratic families of London. She suspects that the despicable man now on England's throne--her uncle Ernest--is responsible for her family's death and dares not show her face as a survivor of the accident that killed them. However, the man she is working for, the Duke of Kingfield, suspects not only that the princess is alive, but also that she could be the key to saving England.

When the Duke of Kingfield finds the missing princess, will he even realize it is her?

****

"I'm terrified at letting you go."

"Why?" she asked, looking for an answer Theo knew he was ready to give. "I've done nothing but complicate and endanger your life since I've arrived."

Theo shook his head, letting a smile slip onto his face. "Addie, all you've done is endanger my heart. Can't you see that?"