Saved by the King

One of my favourites on this site.

I've read many 'beaten/raped/captured female' saved by 'strong/alpha/warrior/blahblah male', but this one does not limit itself to the too common stereotype. Yes, the female protagonist is saved by her mate, but there is so much more to the story.

This is a story of trust and growth, it's a story of resilience and perseverance. The female lead is not weak, she suffers recurrent abuse and yet she never breaks. It's a sweet and tragic story perfect to be read in your cosy bed with a cup of hot chocolate, and a box of tissues nearby.

__________________________________________________

Carter has long since given up on the idea of escape. Now, simply surviving the day-to-day beatings and rape requires her full attention, and the idea of a mate is the furthest thing from her mind.

Enter Logan Hale. As the rumors go: cold, calculating, merciless, and deadly. He's too busy running the most powerful pack in the northern hemisphere to have the time or even the desire for a mate.

But when the two unlikeliest of people are brought together by nothing other than fate (or a Bond, as it's called) the so-called "ruthless" Alpha of the Gwinn Forest pack finds all his defenses crumbling for the broken, terrified girl. Getting Carter to trust him is a struggle alone, but what about when an unpredictable betrayal threatens not only the Bond, but the two's lives?