26

Announcement :This book will be updated in a few months. Please be patient. Merci!

A cold night gave one even more reason to draw closer to one another, to feel the natural warmth one was born to give. The sky was dark and low, the air so chilled it hurt to breathe. The night came whispering sweet nothings, luring heat from tired muscles until they could rest no more. It caressed the skin until it stole the pink blush and replaced it with blue. Above was the beauty of the stars, the clear night allowing the meager heat of the day to leave unhindered. The only notion of brightness came from a full moon, and even her light was a chilled silver beam.

The car hugged the black tarmac, bright headlamps illuminating the onward road. Ada gently brought the car to a halt and placed her pistol at the right side of her waist. She reached below to dust her shoes and she fought the urge to blow up when Osaze cleared his throat.

What did the idiot want to say again?

Was deceiving her that he was reasonable not enough? What more nonsense did he wish to spill out of his mouth?

“Ada!" Osaze called out.

“Yes? Why are you calling me? Can't you see I'm busy?" Ada responded most politely.

“Are you hungry?" he asked.

“No."

“Why?" he continued.

“I don't have an appetite," Ada answered.

“Then why have you been ignoring me? I have been trying to ginger you for our "date" but you have been snubbing me and giving me one-word replies. You weren't like that before we left the station." Osaze sighed, placing his palm under his chin.

Ada raised her head slightly, “I'm not interested in going...out with you anymore. Let me just do my job. You can sit in the car if you like."

Osaze chuckled softly, “Why?"

“Nothing? Why are you surprised? Aren't you used to rejection by now?" Ada sneered.

“You're a coward." Osaze declared in a subtle voice, his words jabbing daggers at Ada's heart.

“W-What? What did you just say?" Ada flipped her hair.

“Why the sudden change in thought? You don't find me attractive enough? I'm not rich enough? I'm not as obsessive as Kola or what?" Osaze arrogantly spoke.

“Is that what...you think?" Ada frowned.

“Of course, what more do you want?" Osaze continued, “You don't...want to move on and that's wrong. Kola is dragging you back from your future. Can't you see that?"

This guy is stupid!

“And what makes you think...you had a chance from the onset? Because you shed a lot of weight and people are telling you that you look handsome or what? Because you think that I like you or something. " Ada paused, her heart thumping, “For your information, I never liked you. I never saw you as "boyfriend" material talkless of husband material. Don't overstep your boundaries, Osaze. Don't! "

“Okay o!" Osaze grumbled incoherently like a child, smashing both thighs in anger.

“And...I'm not a virgin. I'm dirty and disgusting." Ada smiled sweetly.

With a bewildered look, Osaze stuttered the words out, “W-What? You are lying right?"

“I'm not lying o! I'm very serious right now, So we aren't even compatible at all." Ada shrugged while tying her shoelaces.

“Y-You have screwed Kola?" Osaze asked.

Ada laughed, “Do I need to answer that? You already know the answer."