Prologue

The loud wailing of the police siren cars that encircled the stiff and unconscious body of Bimbo Williams matched the endless and choky tears that ran through Aderonke's cheeks. 

"This is impossible, my daughter can't be dead. This can't be my Bimbo." Aderonke cried as she pressed her fat fingers into her daughter's sides, begging her to wake up from her slumber.

"Aderonke, get up from the ground and stop acting like a child." Wale thundered, his face wearing no sign of pity.

"How can you say that? Isn't she your daughter? I am not suprised when you have thousands of concubines scattered across the country and millions of bastards in your name." Aderonke retorted, casting a diminishing look at her husband.

"Bimbo was my only child, who have I offended?" Aderonke continued, holding tightly to her half loosened ankara wrapper.

"I am also heartbroken by my daughter's death but there's no need to call attention to yourself." Wale muttered, reaching for his mobile phone in his pockets.

Aderonke hissed and turned around, sobbing heavily. An officer dressed in a black jacket reached to carry the unconscious body but was stopped by a venomous slap from Aderonke.

"Are you sane at all? Are you trying to pretend you didn't see me? Don't you dare lay a finger on my daughter's body or I will make sure your entire generation spends their lifetime in jail." Aderonke deadpanned, pointing her second right finger at him.

"I am quite sure you will do no such thing." A woman replied out of the blues, squeezing her lips in annoyance.

"And who are you?" Aderonke inquired, getting up on her feet.

"I am Ada George, a detective from the Lekki District Police Station." Ada replied, stretching forth her arms for a handshake.

"I don't think you are beneficial here, as long as you can't bring my daughter back to life then you are outrightly useless." Aderonke replied, rubbing her palms together.

"I am sorry for your loss, but I want to help you in finding out your daughter's murderer." Ada replied, wearing a small smile.

"I already told you that you–—" Aderonke started, but was stopped by her husband's baritone voice.

"It would be our pleasure. Don't worry, my wife isn't usually like this, she's not in her right senses." Wale muttered, shaking Ada's hands desperately.

"This is an interesting scene. Your daughter was murdered at the back of a club?" Ada inquired, pressing her pen under her chin.

"My daughter doesn't go to night clubs, my daughter is an easy going Christian girl." Aderonke interjected, stamping her feet on the ground.

"Can you just keep quiet? Stop talking." Wale retorted as he pinched his wife's shoulders.

"What's your problem for Christ's sake? Can't I speak? Can't I execute my human rights?" Aderonke asked, casting a murderous look at her husband.

"It's alright, we need all the help we can get. Do you have any suspects in mind?" Ada inquired, flipping the pages of her small notebook resting in her left hand.

"Yes, her good for nothing friends!" Aderonke screamed, biting her nails.

"How can you say such a thing? Why is it that your lips are filled with foul languages? Watch your statements." Wale warned, vibrating his slim hands at his wife.

"Stop scolding me. I am only stating the murderers responsible for my child's death." Aderonke replied, placing a hand on her right outlined hip.

"Alright, let's begin the investigation." Ada replied, tying her black wavy hair into a bun.

                                                ~the mystery begins ~