18

Who missed me?
   “Resentment is a luxury you can't afford"
  So don't hate anyone, have a clear heart       and drink lots of water.

Aderonke tried hard not to cringe in her husband's embrace when she woke up in the morning. She wriggled herself free of her husband's hold and she stood in front of the window, thinking and wondering how her husband got involved in this mess. Hearing that Bimbo was pregnant before she died broke her heart enough but knowing that the man she married and still loved was keeping secrets from her.

Tears clouded her eyes and they began to fall on her cheeks.

“R–Ronke, w-why are you c-crying?" Wale asked, rubbing his drowsy ey

“N-Nothing."

“A-Are you sure?" Wale tilted his head.

“Yes, I'm sure." she shook her head.

“You know that you can talk to me." Wale continued.

“Of course.....I know that...you are my husband." Aderonke continued.

“If there's anything....."

“I am fine, Adewale." Aderonke snapped.

“If...this is about Bimbo, I am...."

“It's not. I have moved on over that." Aderonke responded.

“Are you sure?" Wale asked.

“Yes." Aderonke smiled briefly.

“Then I'm happy you're making progress." Wale replied as he got up and left for the bathroom.

Aderonke scoffed. Progress? He wanted her to move on over her daughter's death. She felt drained and disappointed.

                               ********

An hour later, Aderonke went downstairs after Wale had left for work to eat. She was about to call Sewa when she heard yelling from outside the house, she hastened her steps and stepped outside.

She saw a angry Abike attacking Uche who was trying to block the gate.

Aderonke shook her head angrily and walked towards them.

“Who is that dog that is barking so early in the morning?" Aderonke yelled.

Abike turned,“You are the dog, Ronke. You are a demon. Because you lost your daughter, you made me lose mine.You are wicked."

“It's not my fault that you had a miscarriage so stop accusing of what I did not do." Aderonke shrugged.

“Are you even listening to yourself? You are so insensitive. So so selfish. You caused it."

“Me? Insensitive? Then what are you? I lost my daughter and you told me...that I'm not the first to lose a child neither would I be the last." Aderonke replied.

“Madam....please leave." Uche cried.

“I am going to sue you, Aderonke. I will sue you for this. You will not rest. I won't allow you to go scot free." Abike ranted.