29

THIS BOOK IS ON HOLD!
CHECK MY ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD FOR MORE DETAILS AND MY NEW BOOK, ADUKE IS STILL WEEKLY UPDATED.IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, MY CONTACT EMAIL IS ON MY BIO!

Warning ⚠️, it's actually an emotional and a sensitive chapter so if you have a weak heart, do not read❤️

Tell me what you're scared of.

I'm scared of heights 😂

Dedicated to TheOfficialSemiloore and I-stan-myself

Ada let out a slow controlled breath and attempted to loosen her body movements. She was walking like a clockwork soldier and that was no way to be in this situation. She gave her shoulders a wiggle and lolled her head in a circle, let her stride slacken to a more casual pace. She then crouched low and began to sob.

“I-I honestly didn't mean to shoot...."

“H-he killed her. He did it." Aderonke sighed deeply, “My husband killed my daughter."

“But I shot him in the neck." Ada cried out as she pointed to Wale whose neck was oozing out with blood and his eyes pale as if he was about to die.

“Y-You did what you had to do." Aderonke spoke again as she slowly patted the chair with her buttocks, her hands trembling as they kissed the couch.

“How are we going to prove it? The only thing proven is that I shot him and I will be the one to take the responsibility." Ada sniffed.

“I will take the responsibility. You shot him because you found him strangling me." Aderonke started as she scooped up the gun from the floor and aimed it at her head.

With a quiet voice, Ada spoke, “W-What are you doing?"

“My daughter died and I completely fell apart. I stopped countless of people from entering my home because I didn't want them to comfort me. I never mourned for a moment because I wanted to know who... killed my daughter and now I realize it. I did it. I was the genesis of it all." Aderonke started, “A-And I will end it tonight."

Taking slow steps, Ada responded, “And will killing yourself make it any better? Your husband killed her. It wasn't your fault."

“It was my fault. I refused to listen to my daughter's cry for help. I was never...there for her. I pushed her to her death. How can I live knowing that?" Aderonke's voice turned low as her body shook.

“Then I dare you to live, Aderonke. Live through all this. You're a badass crazy woman through all this pain. I dare you to persevere." Ada begged as the space between them became smaller.

“A-And who are you to tell me to live?" Aderonke continued to sob aloud. Her words broke up and all she could say were stuttering sounds. Hot tears streamed down her face, and she squeezed her eyelids shut in the hope her tears would stop. Her choppy breathing and watery eyes remained for quite some time, and she stood there unmoving.

“I am an incompetent detective, remember?" Ada's eyes began to water as she engulfed Aderonke into a bone crashing hug.

Ada felt something tugging at her chest as Aderonke continued to cry on her neck and Ada began to pat Aderonke on the head. A wack on Ada's shoulder prompted her to step backwards and she rubbed her aching shoulder.

“Don't ever do that again." Aderonke warned as her usual self began to emerge again.

“Okay." Ada replied.

Before Aderonke could reply. Sounds of sirens began to wail in the air and disturb the quiet night as their headlights announced their arrival.

“D-Did you call the police? I told you to come alone." Aderonke shouted.