My Son

It feels like yesterday. I still remember it very clearly.

The day he was born.

I was away on an important mission. Though the moment I got the news I booked it back in full speed.

I had to make rounds of the whole god damn village.
I was so happy I forgot where the hospital exactly was.

I was the last person to arrive at the time of his birth. Its funny how mad everyone was.

That was a heavy day, we were all worried.

Almost all my childhood friends, and elders were present.
They didn't even let me utter a single word, Tsunade and Shizune didn't even budge without giving me an hour lecture.

Shikamaru was trying to hold me, though he could only do little to stop me from barging through the operation door where Sakura was operating Hinata.

I could hear her painful cries, but since I was so late. I wasn't allowed to enter in the middle of it.

They said it was my punishment . How dare they. They were all my worst enemies that day.

Finally Shikamaru had to use his shadow possession jutsu to freeze me at one place.

I was so mad, and Sai was only making it worst.
I was so confused, scared, excited and .. So happy that I just couldn't act sane.

And the moment I was about to activate my kurama mode and destroy the whole wall containing that damn door.

I heard it.

Sounds of crying.

Voice of a baby crying.

My baby.

"Uzumaki... Uzumaki Boruto." Was the first thing that came to my mind.

Words couldn't describe what I was feeling at that moment.

The minute I entered the hospital room.

I saw his face. It looked like I was looking at a little shadow clone of my own.

Crying in Hinata's arm... Was a bundle of blonde happiness , tugged in a warm towel.

My hands were shivering. Hinata's smile made my heart at ease, but I still had doubts.

Was this for real?

I wasn't dreaming?.

This precious thing... This new little life.

It came from me?

This was.. My child..My son.

My little Boruto.

I couldn't control myself . Maybe that was the first time I cried so genuinely after so many years in my life.

The feeling of being a father.

The feeling of knowing how ready I was to end my whole damn life.

For this one person whom I just met. I didn't cared about anything else.

I was scared.

Scared that my rough hands might hurt him.

That I might scare this fragile little life.

That I'll make him cry.

What will I do if something happens to him?

I didn't even wanted to imagine that.