Blood

Aha. It's been so long but here's the update! I might've lost quite a lot of my readers but it's alright 😭

As long as this is finished , I'm happy :D

.........

Cold eyes stared down at the blonde , reminding him of a prey caught up in the predators trap.
Boruto's eyes wavered between the man and Sasuke.

Naruto brushed his fingers softly over the boy's cheek , eyes wavering , desperately searching for something on the untainted skin.

"..no... ..." He whispered lowering his head , staring at the ground again.

"You're not— *hick*."

Damn.. why did he drink so much?!

Boruto's eyes widened in fear, what if he recognised him?

No.. it wasn't possible. His Chakra was different, his face was different. There was no way.
He let the older man slip through his grip unintentionally.

Naruto gasped as he collided with the ground, the sudden realisation hitting him like a truck.

Why.... did he just say that?

His body shook, wide-eyed ,he
remained motionless ,as if looking back up would break this little euphoria he was in.

Alcohol was certainly dangerous. Naruto concluded as he held his chest tightly, feeling the sourness in his throat.

Think straight...breath..calm down... It can't be.. It can't be.

"Not... Him.." his voice came out mufled.

Boruto's heart clenched.

Why...why does he sound so sad?

These tricks won't work on me anymore.

It took a moment for the Hokage to collect himself. Gulping , he pushed back the nausea creeping up his throat, eyes widening as he realised the sudden change in position.

Did he just—?!

The confusion turned into fury. He snapped his head back at the teen , eyes furrowed

"How dare you?... " His nose flared.

"Do you know whom you're messing with, kid ?"

Boruto gritted his teeth at the title.

"My apologies , hokage-sama."

He stared down crossing his arms exasperately , radiating the same ammount of resentment through his twisted features.

Sasuke stared at the two. Expression unreadable.

"My hand slipped."

Naruto gasped. The audacity of this bastard.

"Careful kid. " He breathed , pupil dilating.

"You certainly won't want your life slipping out of those hands either—"

"I said enough, Naruto!" Shikamaru pulled the older blonde towards him breaking the stare contest between the two.

"Man— what a drag.. You should head home already."
Grey eyes met charcoal , Shikamaru pleaded Sasuke for help. He can't handle this alone anymore.

Naruto remained silent, gaze distant , he avoided unessecary eye contact with his advisor.

"I don't want to go home..." He said trailed off , shoulders hunched.