Search

It was near midnight when the nob twisted.Boruto's feet settled on the ground. Annoyance creeping up his spine.

Somehow visiting Tenten's shop didn't feel like the best decision he made today.

Curious eyes searching for something to catch his interest.

He somehow managed to flee away. The official rat appointed to keep an eye over him certainly wasn't fast enough to follow his movements.

His fingers traced the edge of the glass. The reflection making the metal look shiny under the illuminated atmosphere of the big weaponry shop.

"Mah... Is this necessary?"

Boruto's fingers pressed harder at the voice.

Footsteps of people walking inside.  People he knew.

"You sure like overworking an old man don't you?"

"Its important."

Sasuke's reply was short and cold. Kakashi just shrugged.

"Still... It must've cost you a fortune. You're being more cautious than usual."

Sasuke stayed quiet handing over some papers to Tenten.

Kakashi's eyes lingered on him before snapping them back to the owner. His old friend's student. He smiled softly greeting her casually.

"We're here to pick up the order. Sorry for the urgent call."

Tenten shrugged.
"It was unexpected but not a big deal for me seriously."

Boruto decided to stay as far as possible. He couldn't leave now. The bell will attract unessecary attention.

Basically, he was stuck. It was difficult reading the copy ninjas's motives anyway. He'd rather stay unnoticed than mess anything up in haste.

"I'll send the bill to the Uchiha residence." Tenten added followed by a nod from the Uchiha.

"See you at the meet. " Her voice was lower. Boruto raised his eyebrows.

Was this the same meet Sasuke mentioned to him?
He wondered what they were going to discuss. Even though Sasuke did agreed to invite him , but he never mentioned it again.

Maybe he changed his mind. Boruto wasn't sure. It was for the better to remain as less involved as he could anyway.

"Thanks a lot. We'll be leaving now."

Boruto let out a sigh in relief. Finally. No trouble this time.

Or rather, he spoke to soon.

Blue eyes turned to meet charcoal and grey as he felt a tight grip on his shoulder.

"The 'we' also includes you , young man."

Boruto gritted his teeth , he didn't wanted anything more than punching the smug smile on the Sixth Hokage's face.

Tenten stared at him , wide-eyed though didn't say anything.

Sasuke just sighed.

The trio exited the shop. The wind was colder now , Kakashi shivered at the difference in temperature.

Boruto made a face.

"What do you want?" He spat , hands in the pockets of his trousers.

Kakashi shared a nod with the Uchiha. Boruto could sense the action screaming nothing but trouble to him.

"We have a lot to discuss. Follow me."

Boruto stared at the man perplexed. "Where are we going?—"