The Snake's experiments

....Few hours before sunrise....

*Clink*  Sakura placed the plates over the table, taking in a small breath.
Before her eyes met another pair of onyx orbs next to her.

"What kind of bullshit is this... " The Uchiha stated rather than questioning.

"I'm just as clueless. I received it this morning. "

Sakura shrugged pushing forward the small letter she had kept on the steel plate. Sasuke's eyes lingered on it for a while before he closed them in frustration.

"Can't believe that snake is still fabricating something. That bastard will never learn, I should just end him already. "

His tone came out sharper than he anticipated though he knew Sakura didn't mind.

"It'll be better to leave a reply to Karin after we've discussed everything."

Sakura reminded though Sasuke needn't be told twice that the 'we' also included Naruto.

Specially Naruto.

" I was heading to the Hokage office before your hawk caught be offguard. " She complained pointing out at her messy hair, clearly annoyed.

Sasuke paid no attention to that, he was in no mood for jokes.

"A mysterious boy in a cloak... Could be the sanin's new experiment. We need to stay on guard "

Sakura's smile vanished at that. Brows furrowed in worry. Her husband wasn't one to get so worked up over something like this.

Although Karin sounded worried herself. The way she hurriedly wrote the letter was evident in the messy writing.

"I'll call Naruto—"

"Wait."

The pinkette stilled upon feeling a tight grab on her arm.

"Sasuke?"

"I'll let him in. Don't say anything to him yet. " The Uchiha said hurriedly.

It didn't took much effort for the pinkette to realise that he was making excuses.

But why hide something from Naruto?

This was even more surprising than having him on her door out of the blue. That too at 1 in the morning after years of waiting.

Sakura's face twisted though she didn't knew what expression to make.

"Very well. Let me know what you both decided."

She sighed,knowing there was no point in arguing with the man.
Could he have caught on to something she was missing?

Sure the Hokage was acting strange lately. Though he had his reasons. Valid reasons.

And even though she didn't want to think about it.

Sakura knew his condition would only worsen from here on.

......present time............

Naruto unclipped his hokage cloak, carefully resting it on his desk.
He was finally home after the long, unending day and a whole night at the hospital.

Feeling a little strain in his neck where the cloth grab around him, he ghosted his fingers over the area.

It always hurts this way. Every night, since years. Ever since he became the hokage.

The chance to finally own the cape of his dream was something Naruto never imagined. Though it did turn into reality.

His reality.