The Entrance

The clock ticked. Boruto tapped his foot on the hard floor gradually increasing his pace unconsciously.

He saw the empty arena flooding with people with passing time. Different kind of scents and noises made his head buzz.

Not wanting to catch the gaze of any familiar face, he kept his eyes straight to the front stage.

Toshi was right beside him , keeping a constant watch on every new person entering.

Aretha and Aenius were nowhere to be seen. Probably on their VIP seat, Boruto assumed.

The boy was so accustomed to living alone in complete silence that the noises were now getting unbearable.

The buzz in his head was spiking and all he could do was sigh deeply.

"Its here!"

His body went rigid at the familiar voice right behind his seat.

"ahh.. I thought we were lost. All thanks to chubs."

"Hah?? "

"Don't ' Hah?' me. If you didn't wasted so much time in the grocery store we would've arrived way before. It was unnecessary."

Inojin scoffed, fixing his hair that was supposedly messed up being crushed in the crowd.

"It wasn't 'unnecessary' , it was super important! What if I ran out of potato chips in the middle of the event?? "

"Arghh! Will you two shut up?!" Iwabe countered , frustrated at the duo. It was already hot enough and his body was burning from anger.

Boruto sat straight. Motionless. His subconsciously clenched his fists. His heart beat suddenly spiked.

Fuck.

How unlucky can he be?

Not that the trio had any chance of recognising him. He still felt his body getting sweaty. More sweaty.

Then he took a deep breath. Its been way too long.

Yet the memories of their betrayal played in his mind like it was yesterday. He needed to calm down. Divert his mind.

The trio sat right behind him. Still arguing in muffled whispers and Boruto couldn't help but feel wierd. Furious.

And just like that. The lights went off.

The noises went quite as he felt his headache soothing.

"Ladies and gentlemen!Welcome to—"

The mike crackled before the announcer adjusted himself.

"—The Village Hidden in the Leafs!"

A roar of applause and cheers filled the silent arena. Boruto feld his headache coming back.

The man continued his little speech.

"As we all know. The masses from different nations have gathered here to partake in a special event.!"

Boruto raised his brow.

Isn't the Hokage  supposed to deliver the welcome speech ?

Not that it mattered to him. He was lowkey glad. The later he laid eyes on that man,the better.

He still didn't knew what he might end up doing. He sometimes couldn't control his body at all.

He was often if not always, afraid of himself , despising his ownself ,when he was still a part of his village.