𝓣𝓻𝓮

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
― Friedrich Nietzsche

"― Friedrich Nietzsche

13th March,2021.

I wake up to banging from my front door. I groaned and growled under my breath. I opened my bedroom door and matched towards the front door I opened the front door to see my best friend Wendy with her arms crossed.

"I've been knocking for a while" she said. I rolled my eyes heaven wards.

"Stop exaggerating I was taking a nap"

"Well you sleep like a rock" she muttered under her breath. She pushed me aside and walked in. I rolled my eyes with a smile on my lips.

"What's Up?" I questioned.

"Well I miss you and I'm bored wanna watch Netflix and chill" she wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Only if I get to pick the movie".

"You only pick horror" she sulks. "Well you end up loving it"
"I also end up getting insomnia" she pointed out and then pouted.

"Okay I give up you but you can't pick any chessy movies" she agreed and we ended up watching You.

I drifted off whilst watching the movie I dread going to working and facing my boss. I can't believe I slept with him.

I'm not trying to say he wasn't handsome he was striking to say the least and he was married. Married men are so not my fort I hate to break a couple up.

I can't remember last night I just remember fragments from last night I can't seem to put together but the soreness in between my legs is enough proof of what we did last night.

Did I seduce him??

I can't seem to remember anything from last night.
Maybe I did because for the past years I worked with him he never showed interest in me.

I sighed loudly Wendy paused the show and looked at me.

"Something's been eating you what's up? talking about it might help you know".

"I did something really stupid yesterday"

"What?"

"I can't say now but when I can, you will be the first to know"

She smiled sadly and rubs my shoulders and says "I will always be here for you okay did you kill someone?
I've watched enough true crime to know how to get away with it unless there are witnesses and we have to kill them too"

I laughed out loud "No I didn't kill anyone" I could barely say it over my overpowering laughter.

"I will call you right away when I need help burying a body" I say and put my head on her shoulders.

I didn't say anything because I didn't want her thinking less of me she hated women who slept with married men because her dad did the same with their next door neighbour when she was little. I was always the level headed one in this friendship and I wanted it remain that way.

I will send this secret to my grave. It was just one of those secrets you know you can't tell anyone without facing a lot of backlash.

Toady is Saturday so I don't have to face my problems until Monday.

I can find a way out of this. I really hope I can.

"Wanna sleep over?" I whisper in her shoulders.

"What?"

I raise my head and asked again "Wanna sleep over?"

"Yeah would love to let me call James and tell him I won't make it today"

"If you had plans you can go you know."

"I would love to stay we didn't have plans anyway" she lied badly at that.

"Don't cancel on my behalf I will feel so guilty if you don't go I won't bake my famous biscuits this Christmas" I threatened.

"After the date I'm coming back to check on you"

"Don't I'm fine" I forced a smile. She saw right through it and shook her head.

"Take care of yourself okay"

"Okay" I muttered.

She resumed the movie and we continued to watch till James called to remind her of their date. She hugged me and said goodbye.

I escorted her to the door and wished her good luck with a peck.

When I shuted the door I sunk to my knees with my back against the door and buried my head in between my knees.

"Oh God how do I get out of this I need this job. I can pretend we didn't sleep together" I voice my thoughts out loud if only it was that easy.