The Sting

Who here is team Reina?

Kara was nervous standing outside the entrance to the Ravenclaw dormitory. Holiday had officially started that day and a lot of kids had left for home this afternoon, leaving the castle with only a few students with an entire castle all for themselves. This was a plus as most of the school rules didn't need to be followed now on holiday, so despite the late hour Kara hadn't needed to worry about coming here.

Now that Kara was here, a wall keeping her and Lena apart, she suddenly felt her tongue tie up. But no. She wasn't backing down. She need Lena to know.

Kara made to move forward then realized there was no way she could get into the Ravenclaw dormitory. Each house kept their dormitories' password a secret, Hogwarts rules. But now in this moment Kara wished so desperately that she'd payed more attention to when Winn had snuck her in the first time. Merlins Beard...

Adrenaline was coursing through her veins, and she didn't want to dare lose the moment and become to scared to tell Lena how she felt again. Kara thought hard about what to do and remembered that her cousin's map had secret passageways that led into the Ravenclaw dormitory. Kara racked her brain, pacing slightly, to remember which passageway it was.

By a stroke of luck, she remembered that not to far away was a statue of a witch holding potion bottles, that should lead her through the castle and into the dormitory, though she couldn't where she would emerge on the other side. Shouldn't be a problem right ? Most students should've left for holiday. If she was really lucky maybe she'd find Lena by herself. She could be romantic and sneak up behind her, covering her eyes and whispering in her ear. Kara got goosebumps thinking about it.

She left to find the statue and after a bit of wandering she found it in a corridor a bit away from the dormitory. She tilted the bottle in the witches hand to make it seem like she was pouring a potion, and the statue moved to reveal a dark and cold pathway. She took out her wand and whispered, "Lumos."

With her wand illuminating her way, she entered the pathway and after a few second the statue put itself back into place, closing Kara in. It was frighteningly cold in the pathway, obvious that it was not meant for people to use. Cobwebs covered the corners and rounded walls. Kara didn't like it in here where the worlds light couldn't reach her. She hurried down the passageway and finally after thinking she might never find the end in this dark and damp place she reached a wall with a seal the end to show that it could be moved. Placing her wand in her mouth she used both hand to pry against the brick wall. It moved with ease under her hands, dropping pebbles and dust onto the floor. It seemed that no one had used this passageway in a very very long time.

The light from the dormitory struck her eyes and she had to blink back slightly from the contrast of the dark passage. When her vision cleared she realized she was finally inside the Ravenclaw dormitory, and it seems that the wall she'd moved was part of a long and wide bookcase filled with more books than Kara thought were necessary.

She peaked from behind the bookcase and came out quietly as she noticed that no one was around to notice her. The bookcase closed behind her, she scanned the room and noticed that Lena was here by the windowpane. At first Kara's heart became excited at the sight of her but then she noticed that Lena was not alone. She was sitting next to a boy, Oliver Queen. He was a Slytherin, and while Kara didn't like to have negative feelings towards anyone, she couldn't help but not like Oliver. He was a playboy, charming girls left and right and then breaking their hearts as if they never even were worth his time.

Why did Lena even bother giving him the time of day? Despite the voice in her head telling her to leave, Kara casted a spell so she could move silently through the room, towards the windows. She ducked and hid behind the couch and peaked around the corner at the two.

Kara didn't like the way Oliver looked at Lena, like she was a challenge he wanted to prove he could win over. Kara gripped onto the couch, as her heart was getting the better of her. She hushed her thoughts to focus on what the two were saying. Oliver seemed to be trying to compliment and win over Lena but Lena's replies were half hearted and cold. That seemed to make Oliver want her even more. He reached across to her, cusping her face with his hand and he leaned into Lena.

Kara gripped the couch so tightly that wood beneath splintered. As Oliver leaned into Lena, Lena seemed to tense up, and as he got closer, over Oliver's shoulder, she spotted Kara. Kara could only imagine the betrayal that was on her face. She shook her head ever so slightly and dashed through the font of the dormitory not caring who saw her.

Kara ran fast, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. Ignoring the sting and the fact that she just splintered wood with her barehands (mentally she'd come back to this later) she dashed through the empty and cold hallways of Hogwarts.

From far off she heard a pair of feet running after her, but she didn't dare stop. A beautiful voice shouted after her, one that had once caused her so much joy.

" KARA STOP! LET ME EXPLAIN!"

Lena could never keep up with Kara as she ran harder and faster through the halls. It was all too much for Kara. Both her mind and heart were racing. Kara felt that she was running so fast that there were moments her feet weren't even on the ground.

She had run far, and lost Lena awhile ago. She ended up in Hogwarts' greenhouse. The greenhouse was large, warm and filled to the brim with beautiful and exotic plants. Some plants grew so large that they overran certain parts of the greenhouse. When Kara was younger at Hogwarts she had loved to sneak into the greenhouse at night and hide within the many many plants. It felt like being in a meadow, peaceful and tranquil. The greenery made her feel grounded and safe, and here tonight was were Kara found herself was again. Back against the wall surrounded by the nature confined with the greenhouse. Grass bloomed underneath her hands and the soft touch calmed her beating heart.

Despite her trying to be strong, tears cascaded down her face softly, landing on the ground where sprouted up from each tear.

Kara thought that after Lena and her shared a kiss that perhaps they could be together. That they understood each other, and felt the same. Clearly she was wrong. No matter how hard Kara tried her mind betrayed her and she kept imagining Oliver and Lena kissing. Her heart felt shattered, at some false hope she had created. Kara sat their silently, tears falling ever so often, till she felt exhausted and wasn't even sure of what hour of the night it was. She made her way back to the Hufflepuff dormitory, where about a dozen paper birds sat on her bird. Without opening them she sent them back to where they came from, and crashed upon her bed not even caring that she had her shoes on.

That night neither Kara or Lena slept peacefully.