Silent Sorry

With the holiday over everyone returned to Hogwarts and soon the halls were filled with happy and excited students once again. Along they brought sweets back from their hometowns, gifts, and the warm and loving energy that made Hogwarts what it was. Classes started up and soon Kara and Lena found themselves in an old yet new routine. After class one or the other would be waiting outside of the classroom so they could walk with one another to the next class.

Kara couldn't remember a time she had been so happy. Her days were filled with friends and laughter, Lena soon became an honorary member of her "superfriends" as they liked to calm themselves. Kara would never forget the sight of Lena laughing. Sunlight poured through the tall windows of Hogwarts and wrapped around Lena like a halo. Her eyes glistened with pure and honest joy. Her lips plump and rosy smiling in the grandest smile that could make even the saddest person forget their troubles for simply a moment.

Kara nights were filled with Lena. They would sneak out together and find adventure throughout the castle or the skies. They would talk of their dreams and desires, their hopes and fantasies. They would kiss and kiss, exploring this new romance as if they had each discovered what it truly meant to want and need another person. The desire in each of them was equally and undeniably present. Both Lena and Kara could not have imagined loving anyone else.

One afternoon as Kara, Lena, and Alex walked through the hallways, each a smile on their face, a tall figured walked toward them. Alex looked up and rolled her eyes.

"Oh it's you. I almost forgot you existed. Knew it was too peaceful lately."

Kara snickered and even Lena had to try and hold back a small smile.

"Alex." Kara warned and turned her head to look Lex in the eyes. He had become a mess without Lena it seemed. He was paler than usual, his curls even messier and covering his eyes in a dramatic and somewhat creepy way Kara thought. He looked at her fully from underneath his mass of hair.

"I need to talk to my sister. This doesn't concern you."

Kara stood up a bit straighter and looked him dead in the eyes, "Actually I care deeply about your sister and any nuisance to her does concern me."

Lex bared almost a snarl and Alex stepped forward, but Kara put her hand out to stop her. Lena let go of Kara's hand and stepped between Lex and them.

"What is it that you want Lex?"

Her cold tone hit him hard, he winced slightly, which was clear to everyone. Kara almost felt bad for him. Almost.

Lex cleared his throat, clearly nervous about something.

"Lena I... we haven't quarreled like this since we were kids I just... You and me are a great team. Without you I am...not the same."

Kara and Alex looked at each other and in their eyes they softened. They knew what it was to be family and the loneliness without ur sibling when you fought. It was a hollow feeling, that had clearly thrown him over.

Lena shook her head and kept a straight face, "No Lex. You don't get to come and do this. You hurt Kara, Lex. All for what? To protect me from falling in love with her? Because it would make me weak? Falling in love with Kara has been the best thing to ever happen to me. She shows me a world I barely knew I even existed in."

Kara's heart skipped a beat. Lena had said she was falling in love with her.

Lex opened and closed his fists, "I.... I'm sorry Lena. I was only trying to protect you, and I thought that love would be a distraction to everything you've been working towards. Yet you still maintain the best grades next to me, and even strive in the clubs you attend. As much as I hate to admit it... Kara seems to make you really happy. And that's all I've ever wanted for you."