The Bad Guy

The sound of the bell woke Kara up from her daydream. Kara and Lena had been sending each other paper birds with letters as a way of communicating lately, most of the letters being sent late at night. They would talk about each other's day, silly stuff, which quidditch team they would be routing for in the world cup, homework, hobbies...all of it. Kara hated to admit it but quickly and surely she was growing accustomed to getting to her bed at night, drawing the curtains around and laying down after a long day to find a letter from Lena waiting for her. This was what she was daydreaming of as the bell rung announcing the end of class.

Finally Herbology was over and she wasted no time in throwing her stuff into her bag and running out the door headed towards the quidditch field. People practically parted for her in the hallways, a running Kara a familiar sight to everyone as they had all grown used to Kara practically rocketing to the quidditch field after classes. A few people Kara barley knew said heys or what's up, and Kara smiled at them and gave quick responses, still running forward never looking back. Just as she was rounding a corner, almost outside the castle, her feet got swept up from under her and before she knew it she was dangling up in the air by her legs, her bag, glasses and wand falling to the floor.

"HEY," she shouted. Struggling to see from her twisted view, she managed to see a tall and slender body making it's way towards her. As the person's face came into view Kara struggled more violently trying to reach out and hit her attacker.

"What do you think you're doing Lex!"

There standing before her with his ever present stoic face was Lex Luthor. He was smart, she'd give him that. He'd caught her in a rather abandoned hallway that Kara used as a shortcut to get to the field. Like many hallways in this large castle, it was mostly abandoned as students took to the main routes to get around. Kara used it specifically for that reason as there were no bodies for her to run and jump around.

Lex stood before her as she struggled, not close enough for her hands to connect sadly. He brought out his wand and held it dangerously close to her, causing Kara to freeze up.

"I needed to talk to you in private away from others," he said in a monotone as if this was common knowledge to her.

The blood rushing to Kara's head was getting to her and through gritted teeth she said," And this was how you choose to do it! Lex get me down now before I-"

"Before you what? In case you haven't noticed Kara you're wand is on the floor and no one comes down this hallway in the middle of the day except you clearly. Now stop moving and listen to me before I cast petrificus totalus and you won't be able to move a muscle."

Kara stopped struggling, she was in a losing position and knew when to cooperate and when to fight. Ooooo she was so upset! Who did this jerk think he was?!

Lex didn't lower his wand and continued to stare into her eyes dead on, "You're a distraction to Lena, and nothing more. She doesn't need you at all Kara."

Kara's heart dropped, "What are you talking about? She's just my tutor we don't even tal-"

He pressed the wand closer into her face, "Oh drop it" he pulled one of their paper birds out of his cloak's pocket, it was crumpled in anger, "I know you two have been sending messages back and forth. You're a fool if you think I'm going to sit back and let you ruin Lena and the Luthor's reputation. Lena can get her head caught in the clouds sometimes. But I'm always here to bring her back to reality. You... Kara Danvers... are not going to trap my sister in some false hope. She is a Luthor and you Ms. Danvers have no place in her life."

Kara had had enough. "AND WHAT ABOUT LENA! Have you ever even once asked her what she wants?! I would never ruin Lena's reputation and sorry to break it you Lex but she doesn't need YOU. She's more than capable of living her life without you. You say you bring her back to reality but you only hold her back. You're the one who needs Lena, you're nothing without her."