Hexed

Kara sat in a meadow running her fingers slightly through the hundreds of flowers surrounding her. She was happy, the sun on her skin, a light breeze blowing through her hair. She had no thoughts just pure bliss. Then suddenly a hand grabbed her shoulder and startled her. Kara looked up at a familiar face who smiled down at her brilliant in the sunlight.

"What're you doing here kid?"

Kara tilted her head at Alex, for some reason seeing her here seemed foreign...out of place.

"I... I don't know. I'm resting."

Alex leaned down and smiled at Kara, "You can't rest yet Kara. Come on!"

She pulled at Kara and she had to fight to keep up with her pace. Kara felt sluggish like an invisible weight was holding her back, back to that peaceful meadow where the sun shun down on her. Kara tried to shout for Alex to slow down but nothing seemed to come out of her mouth. Her sister looked back at her and laughed. She pulled Kara far away from the meadow and the sun. She didn't know where she was taking her just that it felt different here.

Soon Alex stopped abruptly and turned around and kissed Kara on her forehead. She disappeared into what Kara swore was the dark forest. A dark and eerie energy seemed to descend around the forest and Kara felt like a little girl again, wishing her sister hadn't let go of her hand. Before her fear could get to her two hands grabbed hers from either side. James and Winn smiled at her. They nudged their heads towards the forest indicating that's where they were gonna go. Kara shook her head.

"No...there's... there's no sun. I'm scared."

Each of her friends gripped tighter onto her.

"Where you go," James said.

"The sun will follow," Winn finished.

Kara bit her lip nervously but trusted in her friends. She nodded her head and they guided her through the forest. As she ran, each step she placed on the ground brought more and more light upon the dark forest. Slowly it dissolved into a beautiful and welcoming place before her eyes. When she emerged on the other side of the forest her friends had disappeared. There standing before her was the most beautiful sight Kara could have imagined. Her back was turned to her but Kara would recognize her anywhere.

Lena faced off to the lake, playing slightly with a white flower in her hands. Kara's heart beat faster, and for the first time she seemed to be able to move without feeling held back. She ran towards Lena with a deep desperation she hadn't know she was capable of. She needed to see her face, hold her in her arms, know she was real.

A few feet before she reached Lena, she turned around and brightened at the sight of Kara. She opened her arms and Kara ran right into them. She gripped onto Lena desperately. Lena laughed and pulled Kara's face back slightly.

"How was you're rest darling ?"

Kara looked into her beautiful face and couldn't help but feel like she was flying.

"It was good, but you weren't there."

Lena caressed Kara's cheek, "I'm sorry I wasn't there my love. We have a few things we have left to do."

"Together?"

Lena smiled as she pulled Kara in closer, "Always Kara. Now come on. I need you. Come back to me Baby....Come back..."

Lena seemed to fall slowly into the lake and Kara dived in after. She couldn't see where she was going under here she just knew she had to keep swimming and pushing forward to grab onto Lena before she slipped to far away. Kara found it harder and harder to swim, her body started to ache and she suddenly felt like she was gasping for air...