Here Before Them

Thank you all for coming along for the journey. I didn't think even one person would read this story and now so many of you have. Here's part I of our two part ending in Solemnly Swear.

In a single moment Kara's world was twisted. Lex was here before her telling her that all along Reina was the one who'd tried to kill Kara out on the quidditch field. He'd hexed her to be in love with Kara to try and pull Lena and Kara away from each other. In a turn of events Lex released Reina from her hex and yet she'd gone after Kara in a brutal way.

A part of Kara didn't want to believe Lex. What had he'd shown to prove anything he was saying? But another part of her could tell that something was off the moment she'd seen the worried look on his face when she'd woken up in the hospital wing. She couldn't explain it but deep down she knew Lex was telling the truth.

Lex was still on the floor clutching his side where he'd landed. Kara looked down at him, "This... this can't be right. What proof do you have Lex? You're asking me to believe that a girl that has been friendly to me for almost an entire year has been the one behind my attack."

Lex winced, but stood up and looked at Kara earnestly, "I know this wasn't what you wanted to hear Kara but I'm telling you the truth. And I can prove it to you, believe me.

"We'll see. I promised to meet up with Lena so let's go. We're getting her and you can sit and explain all of this to the both of us."

They set off to where Kara was supposed to meet Lena outside of her classroom. Although Lena was nowhere to be found. Kara stopped dead in her tracks and Lex bumped into her.

"What? What is it? Where's Lena?"

Kara's heart started to beat faster. Lena always waited for her right here. Please... no.

"She's .... She's usually always here. Something is wrong."

Lex's body tensed, "No... no! Kara! Reina has her and you know it."

Kara shook her head trying to keep calm, "No, no we don't know that."

Lex grabbed Kara by her shoulders, "Yes we do! Kara deep down you know something is wrong! Reina took her I just know it."

No. Kara wouldn't stand for this. No one would ever hurt Lena, not while Kara was alive.

"Lex you say you have proof. Where is it?"

"The Gryffindor dormitory."

"Then let's go."

Together they ran through the hallways towards the dormitory. Standing just outside of it Kara caught Alex just about to head in. They rushed her and Kara told her to let them come inside the dormitory. Alex was confused but opened the passage for them and all three ran inside. There on the couch was James and Winn working on class work. They saw the state Kara and Lex were in and immediately got up.

"Kara! What's going on," James asked and Kara and Lex quickly explained what Reina had done, and that they believed she'd taken Lena. Alex was skeptical.

"Wait hold on. As much as I'd love to get my hands on the person who tried to kill my sister, what proof do you have that it's Reina? You're asking me to betray a friend Kara."

"The proof you need is in her trunk," Lex said staring off into the distance.

James crossed his arms over his chest, "And just how do you know this?"

Lex looked at James mockingly through his shaggy hair, "Relax "Jimmy", I placed a spell on Kara's broom after the accident. It was meant to track down who'd cast the curse on it but since Reina comes in contact with so many people I've been following the trail for weeks now, frightening a few people who'd I thought had done it. In the end it lead into the Gryffindor dormitory. And now that I'm inside I can see the trail leads to her room. Whatever curse she's using has to be in her trunk."

Both Alex and James began to protest but Winn held up his hand, asking for silence.

"Before everyone gets all out of hand, I think I know what spell he's talking about," Winn waved his wand gently in front of him like he was parting a veil, and there before everyone's eyes was a wispy trail of dark blue smoke leading to one of the rooms.

"There now we should be able to all see it."

Lex looked at James, "See I told you."

Kara left the others to follow her, as she steadily went after the trail, both fearful and yet determined to see where it lead her. It seemed Lex was right. It left her right in front of Reina's trunk, the dark cloud wrapping it like a blanket.

Kara's fist clenched at her side. How could they have been so foolish, so naive. They feared Lex and his antics but the true villain had been here before them right in their face. Alex was too shocked for words, James not really any better, a sad and disappointed look falling upon his face.

Kara bent down and pulled at her trunk lock, before reaching for her wand, "Alohomora." The lock opened and Lex bent down to open the trunk with her. What was inside shocked them all.

Lex's face contorted, his brain clearly going a million miles an hour. There within the trunk we're pictures upon pictures of both Lex and Lena. Most of the photos seemed to be cut from magazines, articles, some were taken off guard around Hogwarts.

"What... I don't...," Lex started but Kara knew before him.

"She was never after me Lex. Reina was after you this whole time. You and Lena."

"But... why? What have we done to her?! Until this year we didn't even know she existed that little snake!"

Alex pushed around in the trunk and pulled out an article that had not been cut out or destroyed in any way.

"Look at this paper. It reads, "LUTHORS MAKE WAY FOR A NEW MINISTRY," it's an article about an invention your parents made that would replace an entire department in the ministry. The invention proved to be 47% faster and almost 87% likely to cause less errors than those in the department."

James shrugged his shoulders, " Okayyyy seems good to me, why we she keep an article about a Luthor invention that's helping us better the world?"

Kara thought about it, and back to when she'd first met Reina.

"Does the article say the names of those in the department who were let go?"

Alex read through, "Yeah why?"

This time Winn answered, "Right there. That's Reina's father. He was one of the ones who were let go. And look at the date, it's just a few months before school started."

Kara's brows were knit together, "Reina was after you two to get back at your parents for what they did to her father. All along Lex and Lena have been her real targets."

A dark look came into Lex's eyes. He'd finally processed all the information but didn't seem to take lightly the fact that Reina had Lena and now he knew her spinster intentions.

"You asked for your proof Supergirl and now you have it. Reina has your girlfriend, my sister, somewhere all to herself. Merlin knows just what she's planning for her."

Kara stood up, wand gripped tightly in her hand, "Stop. Nothing is going to happen to Lena. We're going to stop Reina no matter what it takes. All of us, together."

They nodded their heads showing they'd have Kara's back no matter what happened.

James raised his hand like a kid in class, "One small problem, we don't even know where she is."

Kara turned around facing the impending battle before them.

"I know where she is. Just follow me and keep your wands out."