1

I woke up today by my annoying alarm clock. I got out of bed and went to change in my bathroom. I chose some high waisted skinny jeans they were navy blue. And then I put on a oversized Nike sweater that I stole from my brothers closet. I did my hair but it was still damp from last nights shower so I just let it lose. My hair was dark brown and wavy. After doing all of that I got my socks on and put on my vans. I got my stuff ready and headed downstairs.

While walking down the stairs the smell of burnt pancakes hit my nostrils. I walked over the kitchen to see that my dad was cooking us some breakfast well at least trying to. My mom had passed away 6 months ago and we decided to move to LA. My dad decided to move us here because this is where he first met mom. I looked at my dad trying to read the instruction on the box of the pancakes.

"Where did everything go wrong, I followed everything the damn instructions said" my dad said.

I let out a small laugh. I put my book pack on the floor next to a chair.

"Hey sweetie do you want pancakes? Or whatever is left of them" he said.

" No thanks dad I would just grab a granola" I said.

"Are you gonna still do karate y/n?" My dad said.

I have been doing karate for 7 years now. My uncle thought me since I was 8. Well apparently my dads best man got me in karate when I was 3. I used to get bullied all the time but it stopped in 7th grade. Puberty happened and I had what you can say a "glow up" so the kids stop bothering me. Sebastian my older brother wasn't their to protect me because he was sent to a all boy school I forgot why.

"Yeah I'm still gonna do karate dad I just have to find a good dojo" I said.

My brother came in with he's hair all messy. He has brown wavy hair like me. Sebastian is pretty tall compared to me he was six feet. I am 5'1, since we were kids Sebastian has been pretty tall, he's also really over protective of me since I'm the only sibling he has.

"Really Sebastian you overslept" my dad said.

Sebastian is one years older then me but we still go to the same year since he was held back in second grade.

"Maybe" Sebastian said.

"But I am starvinggg" he said and when he's eye met the burnt pancakes he's smile dropped.

"Actually I'm not hungry anymore" Sebastian said.

" I'm sorry kids I know mom made all the food for you guys but I'm learning" dad said.

" we know dad" Sebastian and I said in sync.

"Well what are you waiting for go to school" dad said.

We grabbed our backpack and headed towards the front door.

Our house was pretty big, our dad was one of the best surgeons in the country. So that's how we could afford this big house.

"Y/n what are you doing" Sebastian said as I was gonna grab my skateboard.

"What do you mean" I said looking at him confused.

"Leave the skateboard I'm taking you to school while your car gets done from the dealership"

Yeah I forgot to say that when they brought our stuff from Arizona, where we previously lived my car got hit pretty badly.

"Ok but I'm still taking my skateboard because you still have your tryouts for football and I'm not trying to wait for like 2 hours" I said as he giggled and went to start the car.

I put my skateboard on the back and sat on the passenger sit.

"What are you doing, you're not old enough to sit on the front y/n" Sebastian said.

"Haha very funny Sebastian I'm 16 I can sit here" he laughed and got out of the driveway into the street.
~~~~~~
After the drive we finally got to West Valley High School it wasn't that crowded because it was only 7:15 and school starts at 7:45. We got out the car and I grabbed my skateboard from the back. My brother was already gone. Great I'm all alone.

I walked through the main doors grabbing both straps of my backpack. 'Oh god I look like a nerd' I said to myself and stopped holding the straps.

I looked around trying to find the office when I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh shit I'm sorry I wasn't looking" I said not looking at the person yet.

"No it's ok no need to apologize" he said.

I looked up and saw a guy with straight black hair. He had a smile on his face he wasn't that bad looking.

"Are you new here? I haven't seen you here" He said with a confuse look.

"Yeah I just moved here a few days ago" I said.

"Well in that case welcome I'm Miguel Diaz" he extended he's hand.

I shake it while saying "hi I'm Y/n" with a smile on my face.

AN//
I know it's a pretty shitty chapter but just trust the process lol.

Word count: 887