The Truth

The trip back home was a long and exhausting one. Frisk had to admit, that she was worried on how they were going to get Sans back home. There was no way of knowing how to get the (beast?) monster home since he didn't seem to understand what it was that either the human, nor Papyrus was even saying in the first place.

But, it seemed that Sans knew who they were, as he followed at her side. Nuzzling against her now and again, purring and letting out a soft growl of contentment. It almost seemed as if a part of him was very attached to Frisk more than his own brother. It had her curious, though she kind of enjoyed the attention that he was giving her.

Yet, at the same time she wondered if this was the reason for why he was acting different. It was the only thing that made sense to her at the moment. When she heard Papyrus react to Sans being this... can she even call him a beast or just stick to being a monster? She wasn't sure, either way, when he reacted to some telltale signs of Sans' personality shining through the feral state, and then of course his magic? That had told her that even the younger brother hadn't known anything of the sort.

At the same time, it made her wonder just how long Sans was going to try to hide this from them in the first place.

"HUMAN, ARE YOU ALRIGHT? YOU SEEM VERY DEEP IN THOUGHT!" said Papyrus.

"Huh?" Frisk blinked as she looked over at the taller skeleton who walked next to her. Away from his brother, most likely a little nervous. Unsure as to how his brother would react to him right now, as there was still no way of knowing what the older skeleton would do while in this form of his. The young woman couldn't help but give her friend a small smile. "I'm okay, just trying to figure this out. There was no way of knowing how long this has been happening. Why he kept this from us in the first place. There are a lot of things that we don't know about."

Papyrus blinks his sockets a couple times. It seemed that he hadn't thought of that before, most likely having thought that his brother was in great shape, if not hiding things from him. But, even Frisk knew that was normal for Sans to do in the first place. He was always secretive when it comes to his own personal business. That much was a given, though at the same time it kind of hurt to know that he was going through all of this in the first place.

Hiding his pain and torment to the point that he couldn't even tell them. Just how much was he going through just by trying to hide everything from the two of them? Or had he even been able to confide in anyone? Because trying to keep something as big as this a secret? Well, Frisk has to admit that if it was her in this kind of position that she could have lost her mind within maybe a week. If not shorter.

Turning her gaze to the monster in question, she saw just how calm Sans was right now. Even the little eye lights in his sockets seemed calm, even docile at the moment. It made her wonder just how that was even possible right now. There had to be something different compared to when he had first arrived.

"ARE YOU SURE THAT YOU ARE ALRIGHT?" asked Papyrus.

"Yeah, just thinking still. Just so much to process right now." She let out a soft sigh, running a hand through her long brown hair before rubbing at her face. It just seemed as if her thoughts were running in circles once again. Seeming as if no matter what happened, that there was something else to make her mind go back into that circle. It was never ending.

Then she felt something nuzzling her side.

Turning her gaze, Frisk saw Sans nuzzling against her. As if trying to comfort her in some way. The skeleton beast looked up at her and let out a sound that almost sounded like some kind of whine. Though it had a hint of a growl to it, so not entirely a whine but wasn't a threatening sound to her ears. So it was rather puzzling for the young woman to hear such a sound from her friend.