What Happened?

Groggily, Frisk opened her eyes as she pushed herself up from the couch. Last night still haunted her to no end, those eyes... staring at her. As if they were staring right into her very soul. It was rather disturbing from that moment. Though she didn't know what it was there was just something off about that. Gulping at the memory, Frisk rubbed at her face, trying to calm herself down.

After she screamed, the young woman ran out of her room, and into the living room. Away from most windows of course, not wanting to feel those eyes staring at her. She felt a chill thinking about it again. There had to be some kind of reason as to why someone was watching her. Why someone was even there in the first place.

Gulping, Frisk pushed herself up from the couch, she stretched. Arching her back as she tried to get herself to release the stiff joint in her back.

"Frisk? Why are you on the couch?" came Toriel's voice. Causing Frisk to look up and blink up at her adopted mother. Her face was filled with concern, a frown marring her face. "Did something happen?" She asked before making her way over to the young woman, taking a seat next to her on the couch.

Could she tell her what she saw? There was no way that Frisk would be believed. No one would believe what she had seen, if anything she would be seen as being crazy. There had to be something that she could do, something that she could say that would get her mother to believe her until she thought of a better way to explain what she saw.

Clenching the blanket in her hands, Frisk calmly said "I... I got really cold in my room last night so I thought it'd be warmer in the living room." She gave her mother a smile, hoping that would be believable. Sometimes her room did get cold, but not overly so. Taking a deep breath, hoping to calm her frazzled nerves. Toriel though just frowned a little at that.

Did she not believe Frisk's story?

"Are you sure my child?" asked Toriel.

"Yes, I'm sure don't worry."

"Then, what was that scream?"

Oh no, had her parents heard that? "Uh... what scream?"

"Asgore and I heard you scream but we didn't sense any danger." Is that why they hadn't come to check on her? Then again she is an adult now so they wouldn't have to worry about their child having any nightmares or anything of the sort but it still didn't help her much it seemed. Was there really a point in telling the truth when there was no way that she would be in any kind of danger thus far?

"I... I uh..." Frisk tried to speak, though it seemed that she just couldn't say anything. It was as if the words had frozen themselves in her throat. Why was this so hard to even speak about it?! Tightly shutting her eyes, Frisk whimpered "I... I saw something last night."

"What do you mean?" asked Toriel.

Taking a deep breath, Frisk went on how she saw a pair of glowing eyes staring at her. She had been about to change into her pajamas, and had noticed a pair of glowing eyes with slit pupils staring at her. She was terrified and screamed, running out of her room and ran to the living room wanting to hide away from it. Though it hadn't even tried to break into the house or anything of the sort, so that had to mean something for them at the moment right?

"You didn't see what it was?" asked Toriel.

Frisk could only shake her head.

"Just the eyes?"

"Yeah." Frisk whispered softly while looking away. Rubbing at her arms, feeling the chill, not from a temperature of the house but just from the idea that something was watching her. How long had that been going on? Was it someone she knew? Someone that saw her in passing? Or was it not even a monster? Was it something else?