Protection and Fear

The sound of a phone ringing rung in Frisk's ears. It was the theme to an anime that Alphys got her into, she couldn't really recall the name of the song at the moment, but if she recalled, it was from an anime that had a super hero world or something along those lines.

Blinking her tired blue eyes slowly, the young woman looked over at the nightstand near her bed before reaching over and pulled it up from the nightstand. Checking over the caller ID and blinked slowly trying to focus on the name that popped up. "Papyrus? Why is he calling me this early?" asked Frisk before yawning as she answered. "Hey Paps, morning." She answered sleepily.

"HELLO HUMAN FRISK!" Frisk smiled a little, he still called her human before her name. It was rather endearing that he did in some odd way. "I HAVE A REQUEST OF YOU, WHICH I'M SURE, THAT BEING THE GREAT PAPYRUS, YOU CANNOT REFUSE!"

"It depends on what it is Paps." Frisk said with a giggle.

"AH YES OF COURSE. I WAS WONDERING IF YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN WATCHING THIS MOVIE WITH SANS AND I TONIGHT. HE'S BEEN HAVING TROUBLE SLEEPING STILL SO I THOUGHT WE COULD MAKE A NIGHT OF IT!" He laughed a little, that signature laugh of his always made her smile. Though, when he mentioned Sans still not sleeping well? That had her worried. Recalling the dark circles under his sockets two years ago, she had thought that maybe he started to get better sleep but, really? It seemed as if his sleep was just getting worse.

She had recalled Papyrus mentioning that he had found Sans falling asleep at the dining room table more than once or even teleport whenever he was startled and appearing a few states away. It had started to get worse over time, and she was worried about his health. It had baffled her and Papyrus though that Sans had made it that far in the first place since he had only ever teleported just one state at a time, but the largest jump he made?

He was on the other side of the world from a jump scare that happened while Frisk tried to wake him up at work. That itself was rather amazing and it confused her as to how he managed to get an increase in magic.

Maybe she could spend the night to make sure that he was okay? That was the only thing that she could do for him right now wasn't it? To keep an eye on him just to make sure that he would be okay. "Sure, we'll make it a sleep over too. I'll make sure to pack something for me to wear."

"FANTASTIC! THOUGH I'LL BE LATE COMING HOME TONIGHT SO CAN YOU GET SANS FROM WORK? I DON'T WANT HIM TO END UP ASLEEP ON HIS CART AGAIN. I'LL BRING SOME TAKE OUT FOR US TO EAT!"

"No spaghetti?" Frisk teased.

"I RAN OUT OF PASTA BUT I'LL MAKE UP FOR IT TOMORROW FOR LUNCH!"

Frisk rolled her eyes a little but smiled. "Alright, I'll see you later tonight and I'll get Sans, don't worry." She said before saying good bye to Papyrus. Looking at the time, she saw that she still had some time to kill before Sans would be off, a few hours anyway. Maybe she could see him for lunch and then go back and get him to make sure that he gets home safe. If he wasn't sleeping, it was amazing that he even made it home, maybe that was why Papyrus made sure to get him after work every day.

It would be nice to see her friend again anyway with her being busy with school and him being busy with work it was amazing that they even had time to hang out like when she was little.

Making her way over toward her dresser, the young woman smiled as she pulled out a pair of black jeans, a blue long sleeved sweater and a pair of brown boots. It was a little chill outside, may as well stay warm. Looking at her reflection, she tilted her head side to side before she decided to braid her long brown hair. Smiling to herself, the young woman made her way out of her room before nearly running down the stairs as if she was in some kind of hurry.