What Happened to Me?

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Sans groaned a little as the sound of his alarm clock started to go off. Wait, did he even set his alarm clock last night? When did he even get home last night?

Slowly opening his eyes, the skeleton saw that it was around noon. Making him frown a little, normally he sets it for a bit earlier than that so he can get his cart ready though, then again wasn't it his day off? God, what time was it?

Shaking his head, the skeleton pushed himself out of bed and made his way over toward his table, slapping the snooze button on his way toward his closet. Jeez, what day was it even? What was the last thing that he remembered? He remembered going to pick up Frisk from her date, her tears... his anger...

Then nothing after he teleported her home. That was about it, it was as if he had gone into some other kind of mindset that was apart from his own. Some other kind of personality or something that had caused him to forget. There could be a number of things that could have happened but at the moment he couldn't even be sure of it at the moment.

Grabbing his jacket, he slid it on over his white t-shirt and double checked to make sure that his shorts were clean. Or at the very least not stained in something, such as ketchup.

Shrugging to himself, he started to walk out of his bedroom and started to make his way down to the kitchen. Sniffing the air, he could smell the remains of whatever it was that his brother had prepared for lunch. It had him curious as to what his brother had even prepared this time around though he hoped that there was something good that he could eat right now.

He was starving actually.

Though what he saw in the kitchen instead made him nearly freeze in shock. Gulping, he saw Frisk in the kitchen, washing some dishes that was left over in the kitchen. He wanted to say something, anything to her but there was one thing that stopped him as he watched her.

It was the way her fingers trembled slightly.

To see her tremble, even slightly caused his SOUL to thump painfully within his chest. Frowning, he slowly started to make his way over toward Frisk. Not wanting to scare her, thinking that if he just said something completely out of the blue would scare her. Then again, touching her would be even worse most likely and would most likely result in her trying to slap him out of fear of some kind.

Honestly, it made him feel like he was between a rock and a hard place. Unsure as to what was the best course of action that he could do when it came to Frisk. She had been through so much, it made him curious if she would ever see him as anything other than a friend but at the same time he didn't think that he even deserved such a thing.

Taking a deep breath, hoping to calm himself. Wanting to make sure that he had the courage to even speak to her.

Before he could even speak though it seemed that the universe had other ideas.

"Oh, Sans you're awake!" Frisk said, having finally turned around. She had a small smile on her face before setting a plate in the dish rack. Okay, he wasn't expecting that to say the least but at the moment at least he was happy that he wouldn't have to startle her in some way.

Not wanting her to be worried for him, Sans decided on the best thing. Putting on his biggest smile, digging his hands into his pockets he calmly said "Sup kid?"

Frisk gave him a concerned expression on her face as she made her way over toward Sans. The skeleton raised a boney brow at her in confusion. Why was she looking at him like that? "What's up kid?" asked Sans with concern.