Chapter 2: When I met the Ninja (part 1)

3rd Person POV
The next day, Ronin had (Y/N) go out and do some grocery shopping for him. Since it was a Saturday and didn't have to be anywhere special, she didn't mind doing some shopping for him, although, she did wish that she was meeting up with Cole right now.

Time skip brought to you by Savage Garmadon! (We sErIoUsLy need more Savage Garmadon in our lives) 😋

"I wonder what he's doing right now. Maybe he's thinking about me. Or maybe even thinking about paying me a visit later tonight. Wait. Didn't Ronin want me to back to the museum tonight to get the scroll? AH SHIT!" she thought showing a rather concerned look on her face. "You ok (Y/N)?" said an all too familiar voice from behind the girl. "Hmm. Ah! Cole! You scared me." said (Y/N) after turning around, and immediately hugging the ninja as she was on her way home. "As if right on queue, he knows where to find me. Wait, was he spying on me? I swear to god. IF HE WAS SPYING ON ME!" was one of the many thoughts on (Y/N)'s mind as she was turning the corner after dropping off Ronin's groceries.

Another time skip brought to you by Ninjago memes (also because I'm lazy as fuck right now)

(Y/N)'s POV
After we turned the corner, I was extremely scared to walk through this part of the city. Mainly because this part of Ninjago City is Sons of Garmadon territory. "H-hey Cole?" You could immediately tell that I was scared to death about walking home alone at this point. "Hm. What's up cutie?" was the only thing to come out of Cole's mouth before the both of us were huge blushing messes.

Cole's POV
D-did I just call her CUTIE?! I didn't mean to, it just came out! OMG! I'm so dead.

(Y/N)'s POV
"D-did he just call me CUTIE?!" was the only thing going through my mind at the moment, and I'm pretty sure that Cole was thinking the same exact thing. "Uhm, c-could you walk me home again? I really don't like walking home alone from here." I said, with a genuine scared and worried look on my face. "S-sure. To be completely honest, I don't feel comfortable with you walking home alone from here either." was the only thing to come out of his mouth after the whole 'cutie' thing. The rest of the way home was just quiet.

Time Skip (because I'm being lazy and don't wanna write out the whole walk home)

"Here we are. So, uhm... you wanna hang out tomorrow and meet my team and sensei?" Cole asked me, and to be completely honest, I had no idea how to answer. "Uhm... sure. Why not. Should be fun. How about I text you when I'm ready. I would have to ask my parents if I can go and my boss if I can take the day off, but sure." I said, while, quite literally, blushing like a tomato. I've never been to a guy's house before. So this should be fun. "Cool. And just a fair warning, you might wanna steer clear of the ones in green, blue, and red. They were teasing me about meeting you the other night at the museum. And one of my teammates is a Nindroid." Cole said, sounding like he was a little nervous about me meeting the other ninja and their sensei. "That's fine. OH! Wanna do some karaoke at my house on Thursday? There's all SORTS of songs to choose from." I asked. Might as well plan a time for Cole to meet my family.

"Night Cole. See ya tomorrow." I said, and I think my parents were eavesdropping on our conversation. "Night (Y/N). Yeah. See ya tomorrow." And with that said, Cole left. But before he did, he kissed me on the cheek. Wait a minute. DID HE JUST KISS ME ON THE CHEEK?! I think I was just about to fall off of the fire escape after that whole thing.

{The Next Day}

Cole's POV
As soon as I woke up, I check my phone to see if (Y/N) texted me."Hmm. Maybe she's still asleep. Wait. What time is it?" I looked at my phone, still a bit groggy, and checked the time. "WHAT THE FUCK?! It's 4 in the morning? I should go back to bed." but knowing Master Wu, he's gonna be waking us up in half an hour, so it doesn't even pay. After getting out of bed and getting dressed, I head to the kitchen to see Wu making some tea.

*yawns* "Morning Master Wu." I said, still extremely tired and really wishing that I could go back to bed. "Good morning Cole. Hm. There seems to be something on your mind. What is it?" Wu asked. I swear. Sometimes this man can read minds. "Hm. Oh. Yeah. Could I take a break from training and invite a friend over? I really want everyone to meet her." I said, really hoping that he would give us the day off. "Wait. Did I just say that I wanted everyone to meet HER? OH FUCK!" I thought to myself, and immediately regretting saying that.

"Hm? Did you say that you wanted me and the others to meet her?" Master Wu asked. "Y-yeah. I just think that there is something, special, about her. Her name is (Y/N) and she lives in Sons of Garmadon territory. I asked her if she wanted to meet everyone and she said yes. And, is it ok if I can take the day off on Thursday? (Y/N) asked me if I wanted to do karaoke with her at her house and I said that I would." I said, relieved that Wu didn't make fun of me meeting a girl, unlike Jay, Kai, and Lloyd. "I don't mind if you go over to Miss (Y/N)'s house on Thursday. Also, as long as your brothers and sister are fine with her coming over, I have no problem. Now. If you'll excuse me, I have to go wake up the others." Master Wu said, walking over to our bedroom to wake up the others.

Then all of a sudden, I get a text from (Y/N), saying that her parents said that she could come over to meet the rest of the team and Wu.

(Italics are Cole and bold is you.)

(Y/N)
Hey Cole. My mom and dad said that I could come over

Me
Cool. My sensei said the same thing, as long as my team says that it's ok

(Y/N)
Well, could you ask them?

Me
I'll ask them when they're fully awake. We really don't like waking up at 4:30 in the morning.

(Y/N)
Why do you guys wake up so early?

Me
training 😑

(Y/N)
Ah. Anyways. I'm dressed and ready to go, so you can come pick me up anytime you want

Me
Ok. Let me just tell Wu where I'm going and ask the others and I'll be on my way over.

(Y/N)
Ok

Time Skip brought to you by Infinitius Listsius is a Pussyius (Infinite Lists is a YouTuber)

After the others were completely awake, I asked them if (Y/N) could come over and they said that she could, and based on the look the Jay, Lloyd, and Kai's faces, they were right about me meeting a girl, and were really excited to meet her.