Chapter 13: My Birthday

(Y/N)'s POV
"It's finally mine and Raven's birthday, and 14 years since I lost Papa Walter and 4 years when I started cutting. I know that Papa Walter wouldn't want me to be upset on my birthday, but I miss him. I miss having fun with him, singing with him, laughing with him, and everything about him. I promise that I'll keep going, for Papa Walter, my friends, my family, and for Cole." I thought to myself before getting out of bed.

I've been up since 4 in the morning. I couldn't sleep. I was outside on the front porch waiting for Cole so we could head out. I'm thankful to have such a caring and kind boyfriend.

Flashback

I was having a nightmare about what would happen if I were to cut myself. I couldn't sleep. I woke up crying, sweating, and shaking due to the nightmare. So I got up and tip toed to the front yard of the monastery, as to not wake up my team mates, but I guess I woke someone up, or more like the whole team.

"Hey. You okay (Y/N)?" Cole asked. "We all heard you crying, so we got worried."

"N-no, I'm not. Cole and Raven, do you know what today is other than my birthday?" I answered.

"Oh, right. 14 years since you and Raven lost your grandfather," Cole mumbled. "Come here (c/n/n). You too Raven."

"What's going on with the three of you?" Jay asked. "Why is (Y/N) acting like this?"

"I'll explain it," Asher called. "When Raven and (n/n) were 5, (n/n)'s grandfather passed away from a brain tumor. Walter was a war veteran and loved to play with (Y/N) and Raven. But he passed away. Eventually, (Y/N) started cutting herself to relieve her pain. But she just left scars on her arms and legs."

"Oh. I'm so sorry (Y/N). Do you want us to leave you guys alone?" Morro asked.

"If you want, we can go visit your grandfather's grave. I might not know how you feel, but I do know that I want to help you. We all do. Please, let us know if there's anything you want us to do to help," Nya stated.

"Please, we want to help you. If you want to just not celebrate your birthday, we won't." Kai added.

"We care about you Cutie McSlaughter. We want you to feel comfortable." Cadenza muttered.

"If you want to sing your song for us, you can. We want to see you happy," Asher exclaimed.

"We know how much Papa Walter meant to you, so we want you to be happy. If not for us, then for him." Raven explained.

"Please, let us help you. That is what friends are for. We care about you, and more than you may think." Zane quipped.

"We wanna see you happy. Please, give us that smile that we all love." Melody asked.

"If you want us to give you some space, we will. We want you to feel safe to talk to us when you're ready to talk." Lloyd replied.

"We're all here for you, so please. Talk to us if there's something bothering you. We're here to help those who need it, whether it be someone in the city or a fellow ninja." Cole finished. "Don't afraid to talk to any of us if you need to."

"Th-thank you guys. I don't mind if we still celebrate. Yes, I wouldn't mind singing my song, and I promise to talk to you guys if I need to." I answered.

"Good. Now com on. Let's get you dressed and ready to go for our day out." Cole responded. "I have somewhere special I want to take you."

"O-okay then. Thank you guys. All of you. I really needed it." I answered, thanking everyone on the team in the process. Cole and Raven then let go of me and I went to mine, Melody, and Raven's room to get ready. I was going to wear the same dress as yesterday anyways. Besides, the girls won't let me wear my comfy clothes.