Chapter 9: A Shopping day with the girls and Kai

In this chapter, your ankle is fully healed. Ah, the power of making things up on the fly so that the story line flows nicely. 😅

(Y/N)'s POV
Well, my birthday is next weekend, and Kai and the girls wanna take me to the mall for the day.

"Hey (Y/N), ready to go to the mall?" Kai asked, looking very excited about taking me to the mall for the day. "Cause the girls and I are taking you mask/dress shopping for your birthday!"

"I guess, but why mask shopping? I mean, I know Cole's taking me on a date the day before my birthday, but why are you and the girls taking me mask shopping?" I asked out of pure curiosity. I was bit confused as to why everyone's so excited to see me in a dress, but this was a whole new level of weird. "Is Cole taking me to a masquerade party for my birthday or something?"

"Or something. Now come on, the girls are already in the van waiting for us." Kai replied.

"I have a feeling that he's keeping something from me. Meh, probably nothing big. Cole would tell me when ever he's ready. And besides, how often do you get an excuse to hang out with the girls and Kai for the whole day?" I thought to myself. "Ok. Let's go! Shopping spree! Kai, you are now part of the girls! Welcome aboard recruit!" I exclaimed while giving Kai a salute, hoping to make Kai laugh or at least want to hang out with me and the girls more often.

Time skip to in the car

"Hey Skylor, can we connect the radio to my phone? I have a rally good song that I want everyone to listen to." I asked. I was in the middle row of seats with Kai. Skylor was driving, Pixal was in shotgun, Nya and Cadenza were in the fourth row, and Melody had the back seat all to herself.

"Sure. I don't see why not. Give Pixal your phone and she can connect the radio to your phone." Skylor replied, being careful as to not take her eyes off the road.

So I gave my phone to Pixal and not even a minute later, she gave it back to me.

"You are all set (Y/N)." Pixal exclaimed. "Now, if you ever want to connect your phone to the radio again, it will automatically connect."

"Thanks Pix. Now, who's ready for some Little Mix music?" I asked, and to my surprise, everyone's hands, minus Skylor of course, shot up in the air. Even Pixal wanted to listen to the song. So I turned on Salute by Little Mix. Once the music started, everyone started singing along. Even Kai was singing along.

Ladies all across the world
Listen up, we're looking for recruits
If you with me, let me see your hands
Stand up and salute
Get your killer heels, sneakers, pumps or lace up your boots
Representing all the women, salute, salute

Ladies all across the world
Listen up, we're looking for recruits
If you with me, let me see your hands
Stand up and salute
Get your killer heels, sneakers, pumps or lace up your boots
Representing all the women, salute, salute

It's who we are
We don't need no camouflage
It's the female federal
And we're taking off
If you with me, women, let me hear you say

Ladies all across the world
Listen up, we're looking for recruits
If you with me, let me see your hands
Stand up and salute
Get your killer heels, sneakers, pumps or lace up your boots
Representing all the women, salute, salute
Attention, salute
Attention, salute
Attention (huh)
Representing all the women, salute, salute