Chapter 7: When Cole meets my parents

Cole's POV
When I woke up this morning, I saw that (Y/N) was asleep on top of me and that the others weren't in the living room, so I decided to wake little Ms. Sleepy Head up.

"Wakey wakey, eggs and bacey (Y/N). Time to get up." I said, hoping that she would wake up after hearing my voice, but to no avail.

"No school. Let me sleep in Mom. It's summer vacation. I barely slept last night." (Y/N) said, although she was still a little groggy. "Leave me alone please."

"But you need to wake up sweetie. You have prom tonight." I replied, hopefully sounding like (Y/N)'s mom when it came to school.

"PROM! Wait a minute. Cole, let me go back to bed. It's too early to be waking up." (Y/N) retaliated, before going back to sleep. "Wait. OH SHIT! We planned on you meeting my parents today! Why didn't you tell me anything?! We need to get going!" she said before hurriedly getting off of me and running to her room to get dress.

"So that's what gets you up. Wait. Oh shit! You're right!" I said before hurriedly getting up and heading to my room to get dressed myself.

Time Skip to after getting dressed

"Let's just skip breakfast. We need to get going. Wanna take the dragons?" I asked (Y/N) after meeting her at the front entrance.

"Yeah. And an answer to your question about taking the dragons, yeah. There's no time to take any of your guys' vehicles." (Y/N) said, and by the look on her face, she was a bit nervous about me meeting her parents. And to be perfectly honest, I'm a bit nervous myself.

So I summoned Rocky and (Y/N) summoned (d/n) and started flying in the direction of her house. "So...nervous about meeting my parents?" (Y/N) tried to break the silence that blanketed the both of us.

"Yeah, a bit. Let's just hope that your mom doesn't think we're dating just because you brought me home to meet them." was all I said before we made it to (Y/N)'s house.

(Y/N)'s POV
As soon as we made inside the house, we when into the living room where my parents were, along with Nino.

"Hey Mom, Dad, Nino. I have someone I want you to meet. This is Cole, my friend. And no, Mom. We aren't dating. So, Cole. This is my family. (m/n), (d/n), and Nino, my little brother. Now, can we go to my room and play some video games, please Cole? And don't get any ideas Nino or I swear to god I'll beat your ass."

"(Y/N) (M/N) (L/N), watch your language young lady. And Nino, you better not get any ideas about your sister bringing home a friend. Now, Cole. You wouldn't happen to be the Earth Ninja, right? It's nice to see the children of our old friends." was the first thing out of my mom's mouth.

"OK! Thank you mom! Now, come on Cole! Mario Kart awaits!" I said, but then my dad had to say something that seemed to put Cole a little on edge. Something about his mother.

"I'm very sorry about the loss of your mother Cole. Lily was an amazing woman. She was like family to me and the other masters in the Elemental Alliance. She will be missed." dad said, clearly upset about it.

"Thank you sir. She'll always be with us. I made a promise to her to always stand up to those who are cruel and unjust, and I plan to keep that promise. Anyways. Hey (Y/N), why don't you head to your room and set up the game. I'd like to talk to your parents for a minute." Cole stated, seemingly calm about hims mother being brought up. No wonder I fell in love with him.

"O-ok. See you in minute then." was all I could say to that.

Cole's POV
"Ok. (m/n), (d/n). I was wondering. When is (Y/N)'s birthday? I was planning on throwing her a masquerade ball for her birthday, and I would like to have your permission to take her on a date the day before. This would make me very happy to make her birthday as special as I can. And Nino, if you ruin this for her, I will make your life a living nightmare." I then went on to explain my idea for (Y/N)'s birthday. And to my surprise, I got (d/n) and (m/n)'s permission to throw her a masquerade ball and take her on a date the day before. They even gave me permission to beat Nino's ass if he messed it up for her.