I

¤━━━¤°¤━━━¤°¤━━━¤°¤━━━¤

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

╞═════𖠁𐂃𖠁═════╡

-

" 𝓈𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 - 𝑒𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒 𝓅𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑜𝓁𝒻𝒾 "

-

╔═━────━▒ ۞ ▒━────━═╗

𝑱𝒆𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒄𝒆𝒓𝒖𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒏 𝒐𝒓𝒃𝒔 𝒕𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒌𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌 𝒔𝒌𝒚 -

-as a blonde baby cried his heart out with the chilling night creeping onto his skin. The loud noises had seeped into his eardrums damaging his sense of peace. The mother who had been cradling her baby now laid lifelessly on the cold marble floor of her room.

Her beige night gown now splattered with blood and spilling onto the surface of the floor. A delicate hand was outreached towards the entrance of her room, seemingly calling for help. Her face was pale and somehow ichor could be seen trailing from her mouth along the endless amount of blood.

A maid entered the room seemingly to check on the empress screamed at the gore sight. Guards flooded in instantly and all turned pale at the body.

"Get the healer!" One of the guards shouted.

A tall man hurried to the empress's side checking on her pulse. The man who was the personal guard for the empress, Demetrius Hale Fowler scowled as he quickly stood up and barked orders. "Search every corner in the palace! Run a parameter for at least two miles from the kingdom! The murderer must be caught or you all will have your heads hung!"

He roared in anger and his subordinates let out a war cry and began to run through the halls checking every room and rode horses to search in the palace exterior forming a blockade so no person shall pass.

"As of now everyone's a suspect." Demetrius spoke to his right hand man stepping to the empress body. Healers quickly used their magic to inspect the source of the death while searching for any ways to save her.

"Sir, be careful." His right hand man spoke.

Demetrius looked to him in confusion. He was trying to contain his anger for he had been following and guarding the empress for years now and just for her to be killed under his watch was unacceptable. HIs sword was almost drawn out of his scabbard as his long black hair that was tied up into a low ponytail flowed in the cool breeze.

"The baby, sir."

A cry had reached his ears and he looked into the empress arms that the crown prince was all bundled up in a satin cloth trying to provide warmth. He had been so busy trying to figure out where the killer had escaped that he forgot about his majesty. His large hands gently picked the baby up and cradled him trying to sooth the prince.

"My deepest apologies your majesty." Demetrius kneeled on the floor in anguish. "I have failed to protect her highness and prevent the death of your mother."

The baby as if knew the situation at hand slowly stopped his cries and cooed to the brunette. His small hands reached up to his face with his beautiful eyes staring into Demetrius orbs.

Demetrius sighed while a few tears slipped down his cheeks. "At least I have you, your majesty. My life will forever be served protecting you."

-

"What?"

The messenger flinched at his voice as he kneeled in the audience hall of another kingdom where Claude had been visiting to make arrangements of another treaty regarding the trading between the two countries.

"Your Highness,"

Claude tightened his jaw, Felix was tense as well at the damaging news they had received a while ago.

"The empress had been found dead in her chambers last night. It is to be believe she had been assassinated by a magic user." The messenger prayed so his voice wouldn't crack but he obviously wavered in front of the emperor.

Claude's face turned pale and Felix swerved his head to see his emperor but he held himself back by the sudden bloodlust the flooded the hall. The emperor's eyes turned mad as he clenched both his fists, blood almost dripping from how hard his fingernails dug into the skin.

The other king only stared monotonously at Claude and he whispered to the royal adviser to heed whatever proposals Claude had been laying out earlier in their short meeting. "Agree to his demands in the contract. I don't see any faults in ours. We shall give him some slack from the sudden news. Let's try to not die tonight from his anger."

The advisor grimaced at the amused expression on his king's face but he could see pity pooling in his orbs. Besides. his own daughter had died recently in an accident. In a way, the king felt sorry for Claude and shortened their meeting so he could rush back to his kingdom.

-

Claude didn't even wait for Felix or his guards. He instantly teleported back to his kingdom taking up half of his mana since the Obelia empire was so far away from the others. The guards that had been roaming outside the palace kneeled in front of the emperor not questioning his presence since this was a matter regarding his beloved.

His feet brought him to the empress' room and his heart faltered at the sight of a body laying lifelessly on the luscious bed. His breath quickened and he looked to see Demetrius kneeling in front of him.

"I failed you, your highness."

The brunette held his sword to the emperor. Demetrius knew what was coming. He was about to die and it was his own fault. He had been unable to protect the empress and he was lucky the crown prince was still alive.

Motherless of course.

To his surprise, nothing came to slice his neck and he craned upwards to see the emperor only to find nothing. His highness was gone. After searching for a moment, he found out the emperor was locking himself in his own room. Not a sound coming from the doors.

Demetrius knew Claude was trying to calm his anger. That's what the empress had taught him anyways. Somehow, only the empress could contain the emperor's madness and now with the empress gone, everything would be unexpected from Claude.

And the strike starts from then.

Claude locked himself up in his room refusing any visitors even Felix who had to travel back to Obelia on a ship for a week. Felix had cried silently from the empress' death. She had acted as a mother to Felix and he was more than grateful to protect her with his life. Now, all of her left was the baby.

The baby which Claude has forgotten as he drowned in his own anguish.

╚═━────━▒ ۞ ▒━────━═╝