XV

╔═━────━▒ ۞ ▒━────━═╗

"Why must you go, Adrius...?"-

The prince clung onto the nine year old boy who sighed and returned his hug. "Because I need to learn how to fight so I can protect you alright?" (m/n) whined as he buried his face into the other's shoulder, adamant to not let him go even when the carriage is all prepared and they were only waiting for the redhead.

"Adrius Sho Fowler. Come on, kiddo. It's time to go." Demetrius coaxed for the prince to release his hold on him. The ten year old boy gripped tighter on the other's shirt and wailed loudly, distressed at the fact that his friend was leaving him for a good five years.

The emperor had asked (m/n)'s retainer, Demetrius to adopt Adrius as his own son. Since the Fowler name had no heir, the knight ran over some procedures and gave the Fowler name to Adrius himself who was delighted that he was adopted by his idol and was able to stay with the prince. He didn't show it of course, he's a bit shy but he'll grow out of it.

And now Demetrius wanted his family lineage to guard the crown prince or princess and he wanted to start with Adrius. Since he was already close with the prince to begin with, it would be easier for the knight to start training him for his task in the future.

So they grew up together, no strange incidents had happened yet with Adrius kept healing (m/n) without him knowing and they all had lessons together but Demetrius wanted to take a step further.

So he decided to send Adrius to Atlanta.

Felix sighed helplessly as he rubbed the crying prince's small back. "There there, Your Highness. Adrius will come back soon so don't fret." A soft smile bloomed on the knight's handsome features and the prince reluctantly released his hold. His fresh tears ran down his puffy cheek as he sobbed, fisting his shirt. "H-how long will you go?" (m/n) sniffled.

Demetrius and Felix both froze as they stood in the courtyard in the early morning. The sun was barely rising over the horizon and the coachman was patiently waiting for Adrius to board. Demetrius will be following him as well, the knight was a bit awkward at first treating him like a son but soon warmed up to care him like his own flesh and blood.

"...five years..." "Wha??!!"

The prince wailed loudly as he jumped on Adrius who held back his own tears. "No!! Just stay here and learn with me!" (m/n) cried out but his torso was pulled and he was detached from his friend and was lifted up into the air.

"So noisy in this early morning." Claude muttered. He wasn't planning to see off Adrius but hearing his son crying made him get out of bed and shut him up himself. "He won't die so don't cry about it." The emperor deadpanned.

Felix had his eyes widened and his lips in a straight line. The emperor was stupid at parenting but yeah there's no buts he's still stupid. "Hurry up." Claude stated blankly as (m/n) yelled in his hold and squirmed to jump off while both Fowlers immediately stepped in the carriage and closed the door.

Adrius stared sadly at the prince and waved his hand at him. "Goodbye, (m/n)." The prince whined again and waved his hand back, not able to say anything since the emperor had pulled him into a hug and patted his back repeatedly like a baby.

The carriage went off and (m/n) could only stare at it as Claude released his hold. The prince watched dejectedly at the fancy vehicle exiting the courtyard before yelling. "I'll wait for you!! So hurry back!!!"