VIII

¤━━━¤°¤━━━¤°¤━━━¤°¤━━━¤

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

╞═════𖠁𐂃𖠁═════╡

-

𝑔𝒶𝓈𝓅𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓁𝒶 𝒹𝑒 𝓃𝓊𝒾𝓉 - 𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓁

-

╔═━────━▒ ۞ ▒━────━═╗

𝘼𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙡𝙖𝙮 𝙞𝙣 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙡𝙮-

-the figure who had been creeping in his room only stared at the boy with many emotions swimming in his orbs. Claude was sitting on a chair next to his son's bed. Watching him sleep.

The emperor thought back to Lucia. His wife and the former empress of the Obelian Empire. He never truly fell in love with her. And she never learned to love him either. The only thing that bonded them when they first met was their hatred for the tyrant emperor, Anastacius.

Their relationship was strictly political and they hid it from outsiders view of course, not wanting rumours to spread among nobles the fact that the royal couple was never in love to begin with.

But that didn't diminish the fact that Claude never cherished Lucia as a companion. She had helped him  during his downfall and he had helped her during her own as well. The only time they were intimate was when Lucia demanded a child from Claude.

He had his own thoughts that maybe she wanted a child to secure her spot in the kingdom despite being the empress but it was quickly fizzled when he remembered that the last thing Lucia wanted to achieve was being a mother.

When she was gone, her offspring wouldn't have any place in Claude's heart whatsoever.

So...why?

Why hasn't he killed the prince yet?

The emperor peered over the sleeping child, his blue orbs glinting in the night. His hand slowly tracing over the covers that provided warmth for the prince and it eventually went up to his neck. If he would kill the prince now, nobody would object or be there to stop him anyways.