BEAUTIFUL ʏᴇʟᴇɴᴀ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ

A/N: So this fluff has a black Y/n since I've been feeling really insecure abt my skin color and being black and everything. If you aren't black I'm sorry but I kinda wanted to give us black girls some attention. Hope you guys like the oneshot (if you still read it ofc)
————————————————————————
Y/n pov
__________________________
I absolutely despise my skin color. I don't know why. Or how it got this bad. But I've been thinking about bleaching my skin. I know the health risks, and I don't care. I just want to get rid of it.

I sit Yelena down at the table to have a talk with her about it. I know she wouldn't approve but I'm still going to try.

"So Lena...um I have a question.."

She raises her eyebrows at my statement.

"Okay what's up?"

I take a deep breath before answering her question.

"i want to bleach my skin..." I say in a quiet voice. She leans forwards trying to hear me better.

"You want to what?"

I look down, anxiety filling my body.

"I want to bleach my skin Yelena."

She grimaces while sitting back to her previous position. Still looking at me, she squinted her eyes, an expression of both disgust and anger.

"Why?? Your skin is beautiful Y/n."

"Yeah but I don't think it's beautiful."

She scoffs and crossed her arms.

"And why is that?"

I look up at her with tears filling my eyes.

"BECAUSE YELENA, IM SICK OF PEOPLE TELLING ME YOU DESERVE SOMEONE YOUR OWN SKIN COLOR!! IM SICK OF GETTING THE SAME OKD BACKHANDED COMPLIMENTS ABOUT MY SKIN!! ITS ALWAYS "OH YOURE TOO PRETTY TO BE BLACK" WELL IM SORRY I COULDNT CHOOSE MY SKIN COLOR!! I GUARANTEE THAT IF I COULD I WOULDNT BE BLACK!!"

I catch my breath and slump back down in my seat. Sobbing. Yelena looks at me shocked.

"People...said that to you?" Her voice sounds angered. She looks like she's about to kill. I immediately regret saying what I said. I shake my head at her question. She lifts my chin, making me have eye contact with her.

"Tell me the truth Y/n. You don't just explode like that only to turn around and tell lies. Now answer the question. Did people say that stuff to you?" I look down in embarrassment and because I was nervous. I nod my head slowly and she takes her hand off my chin.

She gets up from her seat and starts to walk away.

"Yele-" She was too far, she wouldn't be able to hear me. I follow behind her. I was finally close enough that I was able to reach out abt grab her arm.

"Yelena please..." she stops walking and turns to me. Expression softening, she embraces me in a hug. An especially tight hug.

"Please...don't think that way about yourself okay? I don't like seeing you talk shit about yourself."

She puts on a tough front, but on the inside she's as soft and as fragile as a De la Rosa mazapán. Well at least for me.

I rest my head where her heart is.

"Yes ma'am."

She picks me up and we head to our shared room. She hands me a hoodie of hers and puts it over my head. She snakes under and rests her head in my breast.

A few minutes later we drift off to sleep, me feeling protected and loved.
================================

A/N: cringey Ik but it was rushed. I hope you guys liked it. Bye bye