Chapter 35

(Luna's POV)
I opened my eyelids. They were heavy, and wouldn't open. Like that wouldn't matter anyway. I moved my hands a little. I could barely feel them. My hands must have fell asleep. I moved my toes and legs. I could barely feel them too. Suddenly, the sharp pain of pins and needles poked my feet and my legs.
"Ugh..." was all I could muster.
A soft voice whispered, "Sir, she's awake."
The 'Sir' was no surprise.
"Good morning my apprentice."
"I... am not... you're apprentice," I slurred.
"My dear, yes you are," Slade insisted.
Before speaking, a voice called to him.
"The simulation test is back."
"And...?"
"She failed, sir." The assistant informed.
"Fail... what?" I slurred again.
"The simulation test, Luna," Slade answered if it was obvious.
"Sim...u...lation... test?"
"Yes, my dear Luna. You were in a simulation test facing the Teen Titans, remember?" He answered.
What?!? Whaaaaat?!? I'm so confused? Was this all just a dream? The kiss, meeting Thalia, the Titans, and betraying Slade? I can't tell if he's lying, because my feet were not on the ground.
"This... can't be happening..." I pushed out.
"Luna, it was a test, and you failed. We need to keep training you," Slade scolded.
This is weird... Slade is almost acting like a... parent to me...
"I... was in a ... simulation... test..." I mumbled to my self.
"Unlock her straps please, and get her some food," Slade ordered.
The straps restraining my arms and legs loosened. The assistant helped me sit up. It felt like I was sleeping for days, because I felt heavy and sleepy. I jumped off the table... just to land on my wobbly feet and collapse to the ground.
"Ouch."
"Fool!" Slade shouted. "I want nothing to happen to Luna before her 'big day'."
"My... what?"
"I'll inform you later, just get to your room."
I was pick up off the ground and lightly lead to my room.
"Recovery training will resume tomorrow, so be ready," Assistant 1 informed.
Before I could ask or answer anything, the door slammed behind me. I sat down on the floor. What really happened to me...?