Chapter 12: Birthday

(Luna's POV)
A few days later, it's been the same. We would hang out, eat pizza, kick bad guy butt, repeat. Things started to get a little boring. The day's turned into months. Soon, it was my birthday. I was finally sixteen. The Titans all surrounded the kitchen table as I sat down. There was one gift wrapped on the table. I've celebrated my birthday alone. I've never gotten a present before. This made me very happy. Robin said, "This is from all of us."
I slowly unwrap the gift. There is silence as a pick of the small rock.
"It's a moon stone. You know, 'Luna', 'moon'." Beast boy said, breaking the silence.
I smiled and said, "Thank you. Watch this." I move my hands around the stone. When I move my hands back, the stone is a bracelet.
"It's a special stone, I can make it into almost anything and..." I move my hands over again. "I can change it back into the stone." I said smiling. I was so happy.
"Thank you all, so much. This is the best birthday ever." I said happy tears burning my eyes. I stood up and Cyborg asked, "Who's up for ice cream?!"
Everyone cheered.
"I'll have ice cream in just a second, I'll be right back!" I said.
I exit the room but a voice calls from behind me.
"Luna, wait for a second!"
It was Robin.
I turn around and ask, "What is it, Robin."
"I wanted to give you this..."
He grabs my hand and places a necklace on my palm. He closes my hand, and I feel around at the necklace.
"Robin, I bet it's beautiful." I said, fingering the locket.
"Do you need help putting it on?"
He asked.
"Yeah." I say turning around.
I felt arms around my neck, and a click of the chain. I turned around and smiled.
"Thank you so much."
I say, giving him a quick tight hug. I let go, silence kicking in, and asked,
"Wanna go back inside?"
"Sure."
We both entered the room, side by side.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Luna's POV)
I lay on my back on my bed, fingering my locket. Tonight, I have to go to my cousin's party, and I was a little nervous. I haven't been to a big celebration before. Especially a costume party. I sigh and sit up. No use moping around. I sit up and walk around until I bump into the table where my clothes are laid out. I search for my dress layers and hair ornaments. I put on the layers and layers of the dress. Finally, I needed to go to Starfire to do some traditional makeup. Not my favorite thing, but, anything to make my cousin happy. I head to Starfire's room and knock on her door. The door quickly slides open and was pulled in.
"Friend, your kimono is very beautiful! I cannot wait to do the traditional paint!"
I smile.
"Me neither."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After a while of hair, paints, and minor adjustments, I think I am ready.