SEVENTEEN

As Violet and Elsie arrive to the Quarry, they find Elena and Jenna sitting on the ground

As Violet and Elsie arrive to the Quarry, they find Elena and Jenna sitting on the ground. Violet quickly picks up Elsie and vamp-speeds over to them. "Why is Jenna here?" She yells

Elena looks at her, "Klaus was going to use her as a plan b for if he didn't have another vampire."

"Did he turn her?!"

"No, but he was going to." Elena explains, "Thank you by the way, you saved Jenna's life."

Violet smiles and shrugs, "Don't thank me until the sacrifice is over."

"Sacrifice?" Elsie pipes in, increasingly confused and scared, "What sacrifice?"

Violet turns to Elsie, placing a hand on her shoulder, and using the other to dig out an ipod and some headphones, from her pocket, "Elsie I don't want you seeing this okay? Do you remember the person that was driving the car before? When you see him and when you see fire, I want you to close your eyes, put these headphones in and sing."

Elsie nods, cautiously taking the ipod and walking a little further back to sit on a rock. "Okay." She says quietly

Violet smiles at her, turning back to Jenna and Elena, "Jenna sit with Elsie."

"Violet what are you doing?" Elena asks

"I'm helping all of you stay alive."

An unfamiliar witch walks up to them, sending Elena flying with a wave of her hand. Elena lands on the dirt, and the witch creates a circle of fire around Elena. She stands up and rushes towards the flames, but finds that she can't escape.

"Don't bother trying to get through. I spelled the circle. You're trapped. No matter what you do." The witch tells her. She waves her hand and another circle of fire is created, this one around Bradley who Violet hadn't noticed before.

Violet walks back to Elsie and Jenna, the younger of the two shaking wildly as she listened to the music. Violet sits down in the middle of Elsie and Jenna, wrapping her arm around Elsie.

"So you're a vampire?" Jenna speaks up after a few moments of silence

Violet nods, looking at her apologetically, "Yeah."

"Wow. Are you even 18? Elena didn't tell me how old you are."

"No, I'm about 540, give or take a year or so."

Jenna looks at her in shock, "Oh my god."

"Yep. I'm an old lady." Violet jokes in a failed attempt to lighten the mood

"So when you let me stay at your house for a couple nights you literally could've eaten me in my sleep?"

"Well yes, technically. But I don't like to kill people."

A wave of nausea suddenly hits her as she looks down to her arm and sees the dark, grey veins spreading all the way down one arm.

"Oh my god what is that?!"