Chapter 1

I gaze down at the fancy golden ticket in my hands with my name written in cursive under large bold letters saying 'Vincent Fantomhive ' .

"Don't forget to dress elegantly tomorrow!" Miss Quinn yells in excitement as she leaves the studio .

The room immediately erupts in high-pitched squealing and loud chattering between the
students -who are  majority  female . The excitement of the upcoming event causing disruption in the usually peaceful classroom.

"I can't believe we got free invitations from Vincent !" The girl at the desk next to me squeals in glee while waving around her small piece of paper.

"It shows how generous he is,"another gushes.

I roll my eyes at their foolish behavior.
It's just a ticket to an exhibition of Vincent Fantomhive's latest works.  They aren't as good as people make them out to be . Personally I find his style quite common , the only thing making his art stand out being the fact that he only paints in red.

I begin putting away my art supplies and think about how tomorrow will play out .

We'll most probably just be squished amongst the photographers and millionaires while  we're forced to hear people gush about how handsome and mysterious Vincent is.

I cant wait to be dodging elbows and microphones.

I set my sketch aside on my desk and sling my bag over my shoulder before leaving the studio. 

I currently study Fine Art at the world's top University of the arts,  Dixon University. 
The tuition and cost of living is tremendous.  I only got in on a scholarship.  If it wasn't for my sob story about my father's passing and my ability to make it seem like I know what I'm actually doing , I'd be stuck as a jobless washout trying to make ends meet .

"Lorain! " I hear a familiar high-pitched voice yell from down the corridor.

I turn to see an acquaintance of mine,Elizabeth,  running towards me with her  short hair styled straight up and spikey. Her long coat flaps on the wind due to her not having any buttons left to hold it closed. 

"Morning Beth ." I greet as she stops next to me and begins walking at my pace .

"I heard that the fine art seniors get to go to Vincent's exhibition tomorrow afternoon . Is it true ?" Her thick country accent bringing a humorous smile to my face.

"Unfortunately, yes ." I laugh and pull my ticket out of my pocket.  "He sent them for free." I explain and hand her the ticket .

Beth rips the ticket out my hand before holding it up in the air and staring at it in astonishment .
"It has your name!" She yells .

I chuckle at her childish behavior and nod before taking the ticket back.
"It was handwritten by Vincent's assistant," I cringe at the fact that it sounds like I'm bragging when I'm really not . "-or whatever "I add.

"Lucky-y-y ."she whines and lightly shoves me. "The dance department barely gets any recognition. "She pouts and looks down at the tiled floor.

We leave the building and I scan the courtyard , seeing college students lounging around on the grass,  some studying , some drawing and some practicing their dance routine . The afternoon's are always so relaxing.

"They sent your group to England last year didn't they?" I recall and we walk across the grass, my boots sinking into the soil and leaving sand caked on my heels.

"Not the same"she sighs and stops in her tracks before looking to her left.
"I gotta go Lori . Bye!" She yells and chases after her group of friends who are hanging by the entrance of the dorms.