Chapter 33

6 months later

My heels touch the pavement as I climb out the car . My fingers dig into my skin as my eyes search for Amariah who walks around the car with an angry expression. 

"These damn drivers have gotten lazy . "She hisses while fixing her dress. Her hair is styled in a loose braid with silver rose pins catching distant light . A white satin dress wraps around her body and hides enough of her skin to look comfortable.

"I'm sorry madame I-"the driver's apology get cut off with a wave of her hand .

"Leave ."she sighs and reaches for my hand , interlocking our fingers as I stare up at the busy building with bright lights showcasing the event . People litter the entrance as the doormen send those who werent invited away . Many cuss and stomp passed up in anger .

Everyone wishes to attend a Vincent Fantomhive exhibition.  Except this year's exhibition displays some of my own works. 

"It's weird to be back. "I mumble as Amariah pulls me along with her .

"Ignore your nerves . Remember-"she whispers and tightens her hold on my hand "breathe in for four ,out for four."she revises.

I do as I'm told , taking in a deep breath before slowly letting it out . The technique normally helps with my anxiety but tonight is such a big night that I dont think anything can help me now.

We make it to the door after pushing through the crowd . The doorman raises his eyebrow at us , obviously knowing who we are.
"Ahh yes ."he grins and clicks his pen in ."Missus Fantomhive and -as I'm ordered to call you - lady mistress ."

My blood starts to boil at the insulting name and I hold back the urge to shove his shiny pen into his eye socket. However these past few months have taught me that people like this dont matter . They're a waste of my time.

"Oh dear ."Amariah laughs and let's go of my hand. "One of the dogs have forgotten his place. "She hisses and steps on his foot , digging the sharp heel of her shoe into his ,  crushing his toes .

The man hisses in pain and tries to pull back but Amariah grips his arm with a deadly stare .

"Amariah. "I laugh and pull her back .

"Let us in and be done with it ."she orders and looks over at the security who nods and opens the glass door. 

This year Vincent's exhibition is bigger than ever due his absence.  After I disappeared with Amariah there was not a word about Vincent anywhere . No one knew where he was , what he was doing or why he didnt show up to any of his scheduled events . People where starting to get worried . Many missed the flamboyant man with a devilish grin. The absence of his outgoing personality was felt by many fans .
Until one day word got out about his exhibition and riled up the entire art world . People flew in from other countries for this . Many spent thousands on tickets . It's going to be  overwhelming tonight.

"Finally. "Amariah smiles and stomps into the building with me following behind her .

"Amariah hold on ."I smile and stop her from going any further . She turns to look at me with an irritated face.  We've only been back a day and she's reverted back to the spoilt girl she was six months ago.

I rest my hand on her shoulder and look into her eyes with sincerity.
"Dont let these people pull you back down.  You worked through everything and came out a better woman. Dont let the snakes poison you again ."I smile softly.

She tried her hardest to rid herself of all the rage she felt for her family and Vincent.  It was hard and she definitely hasnt overcome it yet , but she was good . Until we got back.  It's as if being in the same country as Vincent puts us on edge .